Thread: Bootable Windows 2000

Is there any bootable version of Windows 2000?
    I have only found versions which can onlt run from windows but I need one which runs from DOS (bootable)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can burn your own copy and make it bootable. If you have all the files off the disc just burn your own bootable CD. It is very easy to do, just read this website: http://www.bink.nu/Bootcd/. You can even download the boot files from there which make it bootable. That website also shows you how to slip-stream all your service packs into the CD so once you install it you already have all the service packs installed. Good luck.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Believe it or not,I donīt understand a thing there.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I found a 4 in 1 of Win2k with sp3 slipstreamed that i got off emule and it's bootable..
    If you have emule(or edonkey) you can find the ed2k link on http://www.sharereactor.com

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Crack_man

Scroll down on the Bink page to the big bold heading "Instructions." Click that first link to download the zip file that includes the boot binary files and save them off somewhere. Then basically follow along with the directions if you have Nero, or do the equivalent if you are using another software burner. I use Roxio EasyCD, select DataCD and then BootableCD from the menu. Options are very simliar in either one.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Yusuke@25 June 2003 - 01:29
    I found a 4 in 1 of Win2k with sp3 slipstreamed that i got off emule and it's bootable..
    If you have emule(or edonkey) you can find the ed2k link on http://www.sharereactor.com
    Ok what did you mean by you find 4 in 1 of Win2k?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by cyberdman@25 June 2003 - 02:21
    Crack_man

Scroll down on the Bink page to the big bold heading "Instructions." Click that first link to download the zip file that includes the boot binary files and save them off somewhere. Then basically follow along with the directions if you have Nero, or do the equivalent if you are using another software burner. I use Roxio EasyCD, select DataCD and then BootableCD from the menu. Options are very simliar in either one.
    I still donīt understand he instructions,I donīt know much when it comes to these things

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I guess I don't understand what the problem is. Anyone who has ever burned a CD before should be able to follow those directions on that webpage. Just read it.

Take whatever image you already have - you don't need another one. Extract those files to a directory with WinISO or whatever. Download the bootfiles.zip file from the website I previosuly mentioned and extract to another directory. Then pick your CD layout by selecting "Burn Bootable CD," browse for the bootfiles you extracted and set the options specified on the website under "The Instructions" heading. If you don't want to add the Service Packs just skip ahead and scroll down directly to the burning section. Next, add all the other files from your original image you extracted to the layout and click "Burn CD". Done. Now you have a bootable CD to install from.

Maybe you are unclear how to actually boot to a CD. You have to enable CD booting in your BIOS settings in order to boot to one of these CDs. When you do that, afterwards if you don't press a key at the prompt when the computer is booting to tell it to boot to the CD it still won't do it, so pay attention to the prompts.

You should realize that even if the CD you have already burned is not bootable and you fail at every attempt to get one that is, you can just browse through the WIN2K CD you did burn to it's 'bootfiles' directory and you can run this batch file program that will create 4 floppies for you that will do everything you need it to - Boot from DOS and initiate a brand new installation procedure.

Good Luck - you can do it. After you try it once and realize how easy it is you'll wonder what the problem was.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by cyberdman@25 June 2003 - 17:42
    I guess I don't understand what the problem is. Anyone who has ever burned a CD before should be able to follow those directions on that webpage. Just read it.

Take whatever image you already have - you don't need another one. Extract those files to a directory with WinISO or whatever. Download the bootfiles.zip file from the website I previosuly mentioned and extract to another directory. Then pick your CD layout by selecting "Burn Bootable CD," browse for the bootfiles you extracted and set the options specified on the website under "The Instructions" heading. If you don't want to add the Service Packs just skip ahead and scroll down directly to the burning section. Next, add all the other files from your original image you extracted to the layout and click "Burn CD". Done. Now you have a bootable CD to install from.

Maybe you are unclear how to actually boot to a CD. You have to enable CD booting in your BIOS settings in order to boot to one of these CDs. When you do that, afterwards if you don't press a key at the prompt when the computer is booting to tell it to boot to the CD it still won't do it, so pay attention to the prompts.

You should realize that even if the CD you have already burned is not bootable and you fail at every attempt to get one that is, you can just browse through the WIN2K CD you did burn to it's 'bootfiles' directory and you can run this batch file program that will create 4 floppies for you that will do everything you need it to - Boot from DOS and initiate a brand new installation procedure.

Good Luck - you can do it. After you try it once and realize how easy it is you'll wonder what the problem was.
    Itīs okay,I finally made it working with help of Balamm so I dont need to do it no more but thanx anyway.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    No sweat. Glad you got it working.