Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Invite!

ohmboys's Avatar fst <3 BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    wtf , Never pay for File Sharing!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi4 View Post
    C'mon he's the only user who's posted 6,000 posts he's getting old already, he's been posted for too long now... let him be.
    The only poster with 6K posts?

I have almost 12K. Heck manker has over 32K.

And his post wasn't a joke either, he's trying to point you all in the direction of a far superior method of file sharing, that yes, some times must cost a small amount of money, but many times is free via your ISP.

Sorry bd, you can lead a horse to water...........

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi4 View Post
    C'mon he's the only user who's posted 6,000 posts he's getting old already, he's been posted for too long now... let him be.
    The only poster with 6K posts?

I have almost 12K. Heck manker has over 32K.

And his post wasn't a joke either, he's trying to point you all in the direction of a far superior method of file sharing, that yes, some times must cost a small amount of money, but many times is free via your ISP.

Sorry bd, you can lead a horse to water...........
    Skizo you're a staff member, and manker effendi lives here, I'm saying a regular user.
    Last edited by yoyogi4; 07-06-2007 at 01:51 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by nanajeebus
    Yeah, I'll totally pay almost as much as my internet connection is every month to steal things.
    yeah, let's start paying for filesharing

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    I have seen the light.

Brothers and sisters rejoice and leave thine ratio worries behind thee.

For it is written and so it shall be!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Not all isps offer news servers, and when they do they come nowhere close to the quality of the kind you'd have to pay for.

But yeah, if you can afford (or want) to pay for the quality of a good news server, then yeah, they are good. Worth it? That's up to you.

Personally, the idea of paying to steal just makes me giggle.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    I have seen the light.

Brothers and sisters rejoice and leave thine ratio worries behind thee.

For it is written and so it shall be!
    Colt the poet? O Doth thou now for shall he be..
    eee

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Yeah, I'll totally pay almost as much as my internet connection is every month to steal things.
    yeah, let's start paying for filesharing
    There are plenty - https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/membe...rt=posts&pp=30

Not all isps offer news servers, and when they do they come nowhere close to the quality of the kind you'd have to pay for.

But yeah, if you can afford (or want) to pay for the quality of a good news server, then yeah, they are good. Worth it? That's up to you.

Paying $15/month for unlimited downloading, 100% maximization of your internet speed 100% of the time, zero seeding, etc., etc., etc., makes you giggle? Almost no one who tries it goes back to the torrent life.

What's really absurd is paying for a seedbox, instead of a news server.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by nanajeebus View Post
    Personally...

The idea of leaving my pc on 24/7 - 7 days a week 365 was kinda annoying, that costs. Then deciding to buy a server to boost yer ratio is the way, then if that don't work out, donate to and become a VIP member to your fav bt site.... aye so no cost in Bit torrent either then eh? Unless... you are some kinda Demonoid leecher?

So all you bt' lovas can come out your ivory tower now.

That just makes me fart-out-loud.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Yeah, I think the seedbox thing is rather absurd as well.

15 dollars a month though? What's the retention like and how much can you download?

I mean, I'll admit, it does look tempting. But on giganews the only thing I'd consider getting is the platinum one, which is 25$ a month - something I can't afford right now. Maybe if I had just a little bit more to spare.

What's the content like on newsgroups anyways? I've generally had no problem with bittorrent or some smart googling when I wanted to find something really obscure. But because of the retention on newsgroups I've always doubted I'd be able to find all the things I'd want.

Edit: Aw, come on. I'm no leech, though I do mainly use demonoid because it has more content. (And I have a good ratio on there, too, damn it.)
    I don't have a problem with leaving my computer on to share back, but eh, different strokes and all that.
    Last edited by nanajeebus; 07-06-2007 at 03:27 AM. Reason: because i wanted to edit some stuff in

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast