Thread: Sytem32 Cmd32?

rugbyjake
    My computer just started prompting that it can't find C:windows\system32\cmd32.exe when I turn it on.

Also, it takes a long time to open my desktop. It's a brand new Pent4 with 512 mem, and startup time should only take a few secs.

Could I have done something to delete the above-mentioned file/program? Can I fix this problem?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    FST Retiree
    cmd32.exe is part of a trojan horse. you will need to delete the registry key in either [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] or [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] that has a reference to that file. this will eliminate that error on startup. you need to do a full system scan for viruses.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Yes i had that same problem and in my case it was like this : I put in the Windows CD turn it on. But I didn't installed every thing again. Just windows. That work for me.

You can also try it with Nortotn System Works 2003. If you have Go back (what was inside norton system works) you can use that to turn your PC to a moment of time when it worked all well.

Good luck.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yes try first what dg_mortal say. If that doen't work tty mine idea.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ex-member
    Nothing to do with K-Lite --> moving to Softwareworld.