Thread: Pc To Tv Link

Is it possible to link my PC direct to my TV and play down loaded movie files from KL and do away with the hassle of burning them on CDS?
    If so where could I find out how to do it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    balamm* Posted on 18 June 2003 - 01:13
      You can start right here>

http://ruel.net/pc/tv.tuner.converter.htm 
    love the link balamm very informative...I liked the wireless connection myself...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    There's some very cool ideas there!

Someday, when I have the time to play with some of this stuff again.....

hmmm.... I have boxes of Catv amps all the way up to 60 DB. With the right antenna, a processor and modulator, 1/2 a mile? maybe more? Not quite enough to rule the world with... Damn!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by accat13@18 June 2003 - 06:32
    balamm* Posted on 18 June 2003 - 01:13
      You can start right here>

http://ruel.net/pc/tv.tuner.converter.htm 
    love the link balamm very informative...I liked the wireless connection myself...
    Yep agree 100% with that.

Im also after a way to watch avi's etc on my tv screen without having
    to buy a new graphics card (and mobo)

Until i read that link i never knew you could buy a PC-to-TV scan converter, or whatever they call it!

Will google it and take a proper look.

Thanks also to leevirg for asking this question in the 1st place

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I've got my pc hooked up yo my tv, i paided £25 for a S-video to scart lead changed a few settings on my video card and now i can watch all my downloaded movies on a wide screen instead of my moniter

if you download alot of movies this is well worth the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by The Penetrator@18 June 2003 - 11:20
    I've got my pc hooked up yo my tv, i paided £25 for a S-video to scart lead changed a few settings on my video card and now i can watch all my downloaded movies on a wide screen instead of my moniter

if you download alot of movies this is well worth the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Explain a bit more.

Are you saying you have the commenly known way of viewing avi's etc, ie: Graphics card with TV-out

Just wondering like.

Also anyone using a PC-to-TV scan converter to view movies on their Tv screen, thinking of going this route myself.

Anyone.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thank you BALAMM you are a life saver !!!