Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OiNK help

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceasar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    He's saying he can't change his IP address, but he certainly should be able to.

I don't know of any configuration that you cannot change it on.

If all else fails, just unplug you modem overnight. That usually does the trick.
    I'm just curious for the future, 'cause oink admins ain't shit. I have DSL and router and the IP changes almost every time, but only 2 last numbers from 4 separated by dots. Is it a change for real or they can ban the whole range?
    Here's example:
    Let's say 2 IP's are:
    ans it's switches between them.
    It's doubtful that they are banning entire ranges every time a user is banned. All of the bans which are caused by a user cheating, are done automatically with a script they run. If they were eliminating entire ranges, their client base would deplete rather quickly.

On the other hand, we have seen them do entire invite tree bans which result in literally hundreds of banned accounts with the click off a mouse, so I wouldn't put anything past them.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post
    Try changing your mac address or the mac of the router
    MAC has no bearing. Sites don't look at it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    dwigt BT Rep: +1
    Um, okay... as some of you know that I lost my previous account on here because they thought that I was trying to trade an account (but I was actually trying to trade for an invite, but they wouldn't listen). Would they disable the entire invite tree of the user who invited me? Because I never really cheated or anything, or did anything for the hell of it!

How does banning IP's usually work? I know that they blacklist IP's so users are automatically blocked when they try to register with the banned IP, but are they going to be able to detect the IP you are using when you login and use the tracker?

Oh, and, could you login using a proxy server?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    the user who invited you can be put on black list from future invites given.
    TCS Byatch in training

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Changing MAC does have a meaning. If you change MAC add of the ethernet card that connects directly to the modem and if you reboot your pc and reboot the modem then you have like 90% chances to change your ip.
    Changing your router (if you have one) MAC might also work, but i cant tell for sure, since i havent tried to do that.
    If that doesnt work, try doing this:

win key + R
    write cmd
    in command line write: ipconfig /release (after this you usually have to wait a while, in my case, 'bout 20min)
    then write: ipconfig /renew
    All set. It should have a new ip.

When you use ipconfig /renew, all network adapters on the computer that uses DHCP (except those that are manually configured) try to contact a DHCP server and renew their existing configuration or obtain a new configuration.
    You can also use the ipconfig command with the /release option to immediately release the current DHCP configuration for a host.

Hope it helps.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    poliser's Avatar haha BT Rep: +1
    well ask again the ISP to change your ip if they don't want ask why
    if it won't do start shouting
    shouts allways helps

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    shit happens mate

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    not everyone has a dynamic i.p
    if u have a static i.p, ur fucked. it doesnt change, period. all the above solutions wont help at all.
    and trackers dont associate with mac addresses at all.

oink is real good at cheat detection, and i understand some of the techniques they use to ban are very smart. like if u login to the site with an unbanned i.p, then use ur banned i.p by mistake, the account gets disabled, and all i.p's that used it get banned.

and the tracker/site are linked, so if an i.p is banned on the site, its banned on the tracker.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    if u have a static i.p, ur fucked. it doesnt change, period. all the above solutions wont help at all.

oink is real good at cheat detection, and i understand some of the techniques they use to ban are very smart. like if u login to the site with an unbanned i.p, then use ur banned i.p by mistake, the account gets disabled, and all i.p's that used it get banned.

and the tracker/site are linked, so if an i.p is banned on the site, its banned on the tracker.
    I have a static IP, unplugging my modem over night however allows me to change it, that's the only way. So you're wrong in that sense. The rest of your post... Well barely has anything to do with what the guy's talking about so meh.

OP, try leaving everything unplugged for 12 hours straight, I have a feeling you did something wrong.

Music lover, baby.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    John you're clueless

Anyways, changing the mac is the easiest and fastest way to change your IP with a cable modem. I haven't tested it with DSL or wireless though. I pull up the router, change a few numbers and hit save. The router reboots and I instantly have a new IP. No need to power down the PC router or the modem.

Try it if you don't believe me
    Last edited by necromantic; 07-07-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast