Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OiNK help

actually john appears to know exactly what he's talking about and everything he said was relevant.

If it is a static IP then it won't change, period. Static IPs are desired because you can do routing, dns and various other stuff easily, the IP never changes unless you get your ISP to change it, thats the point of getting a static IP.
    Dynamic IPs change from time to time (but usually only when you disconnect from your ISP as changing your IP causes connections to be lost) so leaving your modem unplugged overnight would probably do it and if the people above are correct apparently changing your mac address will do it too. The tracker doesn't care (or know) about your mac address, it will only care about the ip address.

Saying that the site and tracker are linked and that banned ips are tracked and coordinated with unbanned ones was i think directed at biba's suggestion of getting torrents with another ip and then connecting to the tracker with the banned address and the bottom line was that it won't work...
    Last edited by ilw; 07-07-2007 at 11:39 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Start -> Run -> cmd -> ipconfig /release -> ipconfig /renew

For that to work, your computer must be connected (through ethernet or USB) to your modem.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Changing your MAC can work. Just change it, tell your ISP that you had to buy a new PC/wireless card/router, and they should reassign an IP for you, at least it works like this with my ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by necromantic View Post

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    I use a prog. called MacMakeup to quickly change or spoof the mac address of my Ethernet card, unplug my modem for a minute or so, plug it back in, do ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew and can get a new IP address every time. This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Unplugging my modem for any length of time never changes my IP address on my cable modem setup.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoopDeDoo View Post
    I have a static IP, unplugging my modem over night however allows me to change it, that's the only way. So you're wrong in that sense. The rest of your post... Well barely has anything to do with what the guy's talking about so meh.

OP, try leaving everything unplugged for 12 hours straight, I have a feeling you did something wrong.
    Please define static IP. I assure you yours isn't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm guessing everybody is getting hung up on whether they have a static or dynamic ip (myself included). It looks like the average user who connects through DHCP will have a dynamic IP even if the IP doesn't change more than once a year. To get a static IP you would normally have to pay more for a business class connection or a server.

What is a static IP/dynamic IP address

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    lynx's Avatar .
    If you have a true static IP unplugging the modem or changing it's MAC address will not change the IP. The whole point about a static IP is that it doesn't change. If it did, it wouldn't be static.

In that case, the only way you can get a different IP is to ask your ISP to change it, and there may be a charge for doing that.

With a dynamic IP you could have zero lease time. You only have to switch the modem off for a few minutes to change it.

The alternative that some people see is a dynamic IP with a long lease time. In that situation you could change the MAC and you would get a new IP, or you could disconnect and wait until the lease time had expired AND hope that the IP has been allocated to someone else.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123