View Poll Results: Would you seed for longer if the things you downloaded werent archived?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

50 58.14%
  • Nope

36 41.86%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I would seed more if they werent archived

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I have lots of space so not really a problem for me, but I can understand how you feel about it.

I already seed for long times, 72 hours is not a normal thing for me. More like weeks on and off if it was something I kept

I think rared unrared should be optional for video as that would only broaden the content on sites.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 07-08-2007 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It actually doesnt matter to me, and shouldnt really matter to anyone. Use Dziobas player. It plays straight when you drag and drop any rar file from the release onto it. Excellent player for scene releases.
    Search RS: Click
    To get the latest scene releases on RS with good pre-times goto: http://www.rslinks.org/
    Alt.Binz 0.28.2
    For an organised list of NZB searching and indexing sites go here -> Click Me...4 N.Z.B. ...it rhymes
    For latest goals goto: www.101greatgoals.com
    To stream sports goto www.myp2p.eu

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    There already are some trackers who don't seed archived releases and personally, I love to use them! With a total of 1.4TB disk space I don't have a problem in seeding archived torrents even over large periods of times. In reality though, this diskspace - while it sounds like a lot - isn't all that much because I hardly ever burn a dvd.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdickkid View Post
    It actually doesnt matter to me, and shouldnt really matter to anyone. Use Dziobas player. It plays straight when you drag and drop any rar file from the release onto it. Excellent player for scene releases.

holly shit thx m8 this program rocks i uselessly use my modded xbox (XBMC) to stream my movies threw my network

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Kebert's Avatar Xela BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I would definately like to see a private XviD tracker with un-rared releases.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Yeah i would, i can only seed for a little bit. I have a laptop with only 240 gigs of space.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    KennyD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    One more reason why my $50 softmodded xbox is the greatest asset to my home theater Long live XBMC!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I would definitely seed for longer were the files unarchived. Though I don't really mind rarred movies and TV episodes as long as it keeps the pretime down, I don't see the point of having entire seasons of a TV program left as an archive.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I know. I had to unrar the entire 3rd season of lost in 720P

and I haven't even started on the star trek series yet.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    the archives are just fine except for the fact that while seeding, you have to keep 2 copies of everything! taking double the space

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast