Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sell Used Computer Equip

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I've been trying to sell this brand new OCZ GameXStream 850W psu that i got back from RMA some time ago, it's unopened but it seems like no one wants it! So it'll just sit here and collect more dust

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    you should keep your old components since they really dont sell at all. its not good to get used pc parts. you should build a pc in a shoe box or something crazy.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    craigslist

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    I love building PC's from all the old bits left over from previous upgrades, either give them away, or just for messing about. But yes you do end up with lots of junk - I keep meaning to sort it all out...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its funny, friends that had no interest in a computer a few years ago are now asking for a used one or two for the family . Think Dad just keeps getting kicked off by the wife and kids as all he wants is his poker , e-mail and pron .

Why not just keep one as a back up or test machine , build a server ? Or try an old version of Unix on it , you know one that you kept saying you wanted to try . Or donate to a school one of the faster ones you have , you'd probably have to wipe clean as they frown on the cracked software .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Some I keep intact. It's good to have at least one in reserve if my main one breaks down. Also saved a couple of classics.

What I can't keep running I pick apart, some parts I save since it's always good to have a few spares if something breaks and I have to switch bits around till I find what's broken, others I put into computers belonging to relatives, mostly.

My last option would be to give to a charity, I know of at least one around here that puts machines together for kids with cancer. As far as I know they take almost anything I can spare, you don't need much to put something together that can run stuff like MSN (so they can keep in contact with their friends).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12