Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got car problems

Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Don't even get me started on car troubles.

Lets just say that having the tread sliced out from 2 of your tires and a couple 360's in the middle of the road is NOT fun times.

As for not having a CD player or even a radio in the car.. I can only imagine the pain!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    I just realized you drive a caprice, do you have pics?
    lol I am gonna take some pics tommarow. It'll make you laugh really

It's likely that there's a small fuse inside the car feeding jsut the radio, 10 amps maybe, and a larger one outside the car that feeds the radio and some other things, say 30amps.
    Would this fuse be in the fuse box, or on something completely separate. I should just follow every wire coming out from the radio to what ever it leads to huh? I have no idea what your talking about

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    @brotherdoobie. Well when it was empty, I put 30 Gallons into it before it filled up. Costed me $50 to fill it up too. :-p
    I know that the American gallon is a bit less than the proper English gallon. However are you absolutely certain you put 30 gallons into it. That's about 110 litres and I know for a fact that a 4L V8i Discovery has a 95 litre tank.

Do all cars in America have ridiculously large fuel tanks.

And also, are you really only paying $1.66 / gallon. I know it's cheap in the colonies but that seems phenomenal awesome.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Monk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    @brotherdoobie. Well when it was empty, I put 30 Gallons into it before it filled up. Costed me $50 to fill it up too. :-p
    I know that the American gallon is a bit less than the proper English gallon. However are you absolutely certain you put 30 gallons into it. That's about 110 litres and I know for a fact that a 4L V8i Discovery has a 95 litre tank.

Do all cars in America have ridiculously large fuel tanks.

And also, are you really only paying $1.66 / gallon. I know it's cheap in the colonies but that seems phenomenal awesome.
    No it was around $2.36/gallon, this was a weird time when gas prices went really low for like a month. Now were back to $2.80 or more. But I am almost certain that I can put 30 gallons into my tank.

Well lets see a couple days ago I put $46 in my tank and it filled it up a little over half way. The gas at the time was $2.87/ gallon. 46 divided by 2.87 is 16.027* so yea it's not to far off see :-p

6. Lounge   -   #26
    But if you put in 30 gallons and it cost $50 then that's $1.66 per gallon. Irrespective of how big your tank is.

"I put 30 Gallons into it before it filled up. Costed me $50 to fill it up too. :-p"

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Coelacanth's Avatar Poster
    Do you realise you're trying to explain mathematics to someone who used the word "costed"?

8. Lounge   -   #28
    :earl:

Fair point. In jimbo's ABV v % thread I was going to talk about Avogadro's number and how it related to ABV and ABW but decided against that.

I though arithmetic this simple would be OK, even here. Obviously I was overly generous in estimating the potential level of understanding.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    1989 Chevy Caprice fuel tank capacity is 24 gallons.

http://www.racepages.com/performance...ped_brand=true

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Cheers, that makes more sense.

I had calculated it at around 22, but that was mostly based on the pish he was talking and not really allowing for the smaller American gallon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast