Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: SCC vs FTN

jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    but anyway nices read that is true most site pay2l and i do understand what you all saying.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Chalisto is a good guy. He has all of my respect, and I talk to him on almost a daily basis. He's still very much against p2l, and is still disgusted about the fact that it turned into that catagory of a site.. He even voted against it. But his words to me on the issue, and I respect him for them and agree.. "what was I supposed to do? Everyone else was for it, there was nothing I could do but accept what was going to happen. Yes, I could leave.. but what good would that do?"

I agree that the site dropped a lot in respect b/c of the decision, but as I've said b4, one staff (or a few staff's) actions don't always account for everyone's.

Regarding zephyr, that's not entirely true. Both myself and the other sysop watch which accounts get disabled and will not allow them to be disabled without good cause. Invite and post privileges are the same.

If you feel you were disabled for reasons that are unfair, nobody is stopping you from contacting me.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster
    I have to second what was said about zephyr, he really kills the mood in what is otherwise one of the friendliest communities I'm a part of. I'm fairly active on IRC, but I just avoid the channel when I see he's on.

I did once PM kimii when I was re-warned by him for an HnR (coincidentally after an argument with him on IRC) after she had removed an HnR warning for the same torrent. She didn't bother replying.

Can't agree about chalisto either. Leaving would show he's not a part of that crackpot scheme. Even if that's not reason enough to leave, he should have when they started spamming emails stolen from ScT's database.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    I have to second what was said about zephyr, he really kills the mood in what is otherwise one of the friendliest communities I'm a part of. I'm fairly active on IRC, but I just avoid the channel when I see he's on.

I did once PM kimii when I was re-warned by him for an HnR (coincidentally after an argument with him on IRC) after she had removed an HnR warning for the same torrent. She didn't bother replying.

Can't agree about chalisto either. Leaving would show he's not a part of that crackpot scheme. Even if that's not reason enough to leave, he should have when they started spamming emails stolen from ScT's database.
    He's under a lot of stress. Not enough to justify his actions, but he really is a good guy when he's in a good mood. kimii prob didnt reply b/c of either the amount of PM's she got (all 3 sysops got a ton, i get even more now that she's gone) or the fact that another staffer overrided her actions, which would have really pissed me off personally. It's probably my fault she didn't reply b/c of the lack of time I've had, and I wasn't around to back her up. btw, it wasn't Chalisto who sent out those emails, he just took the fall b/c his reputation was already ruined. I know that for a fact b/c I know who did it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    burtz's Avatar †Guitar POWER useR† BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    SCC's content is great but i hope there were more seeders at the MP3/0day section.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    Well Zlo and you, you are very kind specialy Zlo (i neva talked to you) but Zlo has help me many times , abt Zep i know Many members such as me how avoid him when he is on in IRC, if he log i prefer to shutup than start talking bc Zep may complain abt my username or whats im talking abt, sometimes he got nervous and he start flaming and treating badly other members .

My bad luck i delete all logs of FTN chan i can show you proof next time thats he need to change his way when he treat other members

Read this post in FTN forum

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3Dunk View Post
    Well Zlo and you, you are very kind specialy Zlo (i neva talked to you) but Zlo has help me many times , abt Zep i know Many members such as me how avoid him when he is on in IRC, if he log i prefer to shutup than start talking bc Zep may complain abt my username or whats im talking abt, sometimes he got nervous and he start flaming and treating badly other members .

My bad luck i delete all logs of FTN chan i can show you proof next time thats he need to change his way when he treat other members

Read this post in FTN forum

Zlo is a good guy, we both try to be open minded and as kind as we can be. If any staff member ever does anything you feel is unacceptable you should always pm the sysops showing us what happened so we can take action. With that being said, lets not go too far off topic, i feel bad changing what the original poster intended this thread to be.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    whoa, I wasn't saying in any way that scc was doing either of the above in my post... in fact I know 2 staff members there very closely and think highly of it (except the p2l part). I was just throwing the fact out there lol. No need to reply to either of my posts above.
    Heh, I know you weren't. But it seems kind of biased when you enter a x vs y thread and you're the admin of x. Anyway, I'm sure both sites are great By the way, are you willing to say who it was that sent out the email if it wasn't Chalisto? That is something that has always bothered me.

For anyone worrying about the security of open signups, they are thinking about shutting off signups at 15000 users, so it might not be a problem for too long. CT has fast pretimes but not quite as good as SCC from what I've seen, and they have 0 seeders for minutes afterwards sometimes. I'm not sure what the problem with p2l is. I know that just because almost every site does it, it doesn't make it right, but they have to get the server money somehow. Just because they are p2l doesn't mean you are forced to fork out the cash. How are other people earning money by exploiting your connection? I simply contribute bandwidth and receive content in the form of releases. It's up to other people what they decide to do with their money.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by eLucid View Post

Heh, I know you weren't. But it seems kind of biased when you enter a x vs y thread and you're the admin of x. Anyway, I'm sure both sites are great By the way, are you willing to say who it was that sent out the email if it wasn't Chalisto? That is something that has always bothered me.
    I know, that's why I clarified my position
    Trust me i'd love to say who it really was who said it since Chalisto is a good friend of mine and i hate people thinking he's anything less than a good person.. But I feel it's not my place speak for him or the person who actually did it. He felt compelled enough to destroy his reputation for another, I can't be the one to step in the way of his wishes. I'm also not ready to make a new enemy All I can say is it wasn't Chalisto who did it. Really really wish I could say more.

edit: wow that does seem pretty biased now that I think about it lol. scc is a good site, both are. You should really get on both and see which one fits you best. Most of the time both (as with any two in comparison) will have some things the other won't
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-09-2007 at 06:12 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Idanp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    in my opinion SCT is the best tracker

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast