Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZB site logging?

hi all,

when you download a nzb file from newzleech or binsearch, do they or could they start logging these downloads to give to governments etc or build a lawsuit against individuals that do it?

what does people think or is it perfectly safe for everyone to download nzb off these sites without the need to worry about privacy?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. I wouldn't think there's anything illegal about dowloading a .nzb file. The same goes with a .torrent file. Just my line of thinking anyways.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    downloading a nzb file doesn't mean that you've downloaded the actual files

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Baseliner's Avatar SWG was so cool BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    There's a lot of talk going around that usenet is the next target of anti-piracy groups since they've already got the ball rolling on big public and some private torrent sites. I don't see how they're gonna do it though since you're just downloading on usenet and not actively uploading.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    yes thats true, i don't think there is a way of doing anything against usenet as far as im aware.

anyone know anything in regards to that?

so nzb sites are fine? as i heard that a torrent tracker sit is being forced to log all ip's of people that visits the site and give back to authorities so they can issue lawsuits.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    seriously dude, even if certain nzb sites log everything nobody is actually going to do anything with that information
    stop using the internet if you think otherwise because every site has logs

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    like said above just as u dowloaded the nzb dont meen u got the item it points to they had a do with nzb sites and most shut down some for good and some came back online as they soon relized that they arnt breaking the law

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Its perfectly legal if you downloaded every .nzb file you saw online. Means nothing - your safe.... It does not mean that you are using them to get files off the net (though) of course you are. It doesnt prove anything......

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    thank you for the info, much appreciated

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by djkemp1 View Post
    hi all,

when you download a nzb file from newzleech or binsearch, do they or could they start logging these downloads to give to governments etc or build a lawsuit against individuals that do it?

what does people think or is it perfectly safe for everyone to download nzb off these sites without the need to worry about privacy?
    'Probably' not. But it's already been used to build a case/lawsuit against the site hosting those nzb's. Many nzb sites have been driven out of existence simply by getting served with 'cease and desist' orders, at least in the US. I don't know where this site is hosted (UK?), but I was surprised when I tripped across it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast