Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK-T who needs it? replies appreciated...

MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    About six months ago, I was on torrentspy, i read a post about a site called demonoid...a so-called private tracker, that you had to be invited into, or wait around with the hope that on friday's once a month you would be able to join via open signups...I tried feverishly to get into demonoid. But then, I stumbled upon an entire world of other so-called "private trackers". These were new names, and sites that I had never heard of. "torrentbytes, torrent leech, revolution tt, oink, senetornts, etc....the list went on and on.

I applied myself, setup a seedbox, kept my ratio up, became more active in the community and irc channels, and i made my way up the "ladder" all the way up to Level 10 tracker. (oh...a couple ago, i got a demonoid invite...lol)

I am truely disappointed. With all the hype and hoopla that there is about the trackers...they all have the same thing for the most part...there is a lot of talk about pretimes, 0day release, etc.....who cares....i think i have wasted/invested a bit too much time and effort to gain access for the shit that is offered...

let me not be so bold and encompassing. There were some highpoints:

OINK, BITME, TOPHOS.....but thats about it....

however...maybe there is something that I am missing....anyone care to let me in on what I am missing?

I want an invite to kargara or revolt because I hear it has good and rare stuff...but, then again, I dont know...is it really worth it....or will i simply be disappointed again, like i was time and time again....

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Completely agree with you that some high level trackers don`t worth it.

Oink and Bitme are in middle levels, however they always have rare and good torrents. By the way, what is TOPHOS?...never heard about this tracker.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Yep agree with you all the way! many trackers r just overrated because they r hard to get or obtain!

i rather get more content then rare onez....i been doing same thing as you! i started about 2-3 months ago....with torrentspy and semiprivate to private sites! i am pritti close to finish!

thanks 4 the info

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by samoyan View Post
    Completely agree with you that some high level trackers don`t worth it.

Oink and Bitme are in middle levels, however they always have rare and good torrents. By the way, what is TOPHOS?...never heard about this tracker.
    http://www.tophos.org/

One of the friendliest trackers out there with good staff. Its very much community based, they also release some really good stuff..

(Read their Internal RLS NFO'z )
    eee

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Dr. Lecter's Avatar Zeppelin For Life BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    mate, revolt is a forum, not a tracker.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    direstraits's Avatar Out ta get me BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    wrong section.
    Last edited by direstraits; 07-09-2007 at 02:53 AM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    resigned's Avatar Graphomaniac Psycho BT Rep: +4
    In my opinion, it definitely doesn't worth the effort. TL, SCC, Oink, BitMe, maybe BitMeTV or Karagarga, and thats all, these trackers are far enough for the most people. Why I'm here? Because I love to write in forums, and I love to do trades..well, mainly for my friends, because they think, that they need those high level stuffs, so I get them for them, if I can. Don't take this thing so seriously, it's just a game, and it's fun to laugh at snaggy, begging people, who think, that they MUST to be elite, and there is one way to be elite: collect all the high level trackers. Of course, there are offensive, suspecting people also on this forum, but it's fun to have a conversation with these guys..why not? It's a forum, it's a community, enjoy it, live in it, argue, say thank you, laugh, anything. Don't focus so much on collecting trackers (because we both know: usually we haven't got so much time, that we could watch even 1% of the uploaded movies, or try out even 1% of the uploaded games, which are on those trackers..it's pointless, confess!). Have fun, maybe practice your English, or anything what you want. Just take it easy. It's my opinion.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I enter here planning to see what the deal was... but after a time i give up, i don't have a nice connetion for the higher trackers and don't care, i'm happy with what i have =)

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by resigned View Post
    In my opinion, it definitely doesn't worth the effort. TL, SCC, Oink, BitMe, maybe BitMeTV or Karagarga, and thats all, these trackers are far enough for the most people. Why I'm here? Because I love to write in forums, and I love to do trades..well, mainly for my friends, because they think, that they need those high level stuffs, so I get them for them, if I can. Don't take this thing so seriously, it's just a game, and it's fun to laugh at snaggy, begging people, who think, that they MUST to be elite, and there is one way to be elite: collect all the high level trackers. Of course, there are offensive, suspecting people also on this forum, but it's fun to have a conversation with these guys..why not? It's a forum, it's a community, enjoy it, live in it, argue, say thank you, laugh, anything. Don't focus so much on collecting trackers (because we both know: usually we haven't got so much time, that we could watch even 1% of the uploaded movies, or try out even 1% of the uploaded games, which are on those trackers..it's pointless, confess!). Have fun, maybe practice your English, or anything what you want. Just take it easy. It's my opinion.
    i would agree with you. I was a bit misleading to only suggest that the purpose is soley to collect trackers. Particularly my interaction here on FST is not simply a matter of collecting trackers. I would agree it is a game, it is a community, all of which I have come to enjoy, be part of. I try, when i can to lend my expertise (however limited) to help others, to aide honest, trusting individuals in their efforts to get into certain sites...and i have come to see the forums as an outlet, a form of entertainment. Nonetheless, I was just commenting that I was a little disappointed by what I encountered. I dont make any money off the vids, games, apps, and u r right, wont have time to use half of it.....but.....well thats about it.....enuff said..

thanx for your input....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    mate, revolt is a forum, not a tracker.

i c...thanx...didnt know that....at the end of the day, I really didnt put much effort into it....just read a few things here and there....
    Last edited by MrVictorRivers; 07-09-2007 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by direstraits View Post
    bad section.
    Perhaps you meant, "wrong section"?

MrVictorRivers originally posted this in the bittorrent section, but even the mere mention of invites will send the pneubs into a frenzy.

yo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast