Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do you care about pretime?

JunelBT's Avatar User title goes here BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I care less about pre-time except for TV shows, is it too much to ask that a TV show is up for DL immediately after it aired.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertec View Post
    Not true, means the uploader sits on the channel saw the pre-ftp the release to the server got the release up quickly
    Yeah you're probably right, but I thought most transfers these days were done through scripting, which basically eliminates the human aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by kayvanblue View Post
    oh i realy did not know that there are ppl out there who check torrent sites every min
    It's called an rss feed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Although something I have noticed is that Chronic Tracker is supposed to have awesome pre times but it doesn't seem to have many seeders. I guess is not a popular enough tracker.
    CT has certainly very good pre-times but the seedbox-to-client speed is often slower. There's not much difference anymore if I download a torrent from somewhere else with a higher speed, even if the pre-delay is some minutes higher.

What you should care about is a mix of swarm speed and good pre-times. You can't foresee which tracker will be the fastest in the end so you make your choice also based on other factors - will seeding back be easier, have you had good experiences with a certain tracker, etc.

JunelBT, if you don't care about commercials, then TV rips will certainly be released faster This is the only category where everyone can see and feel the delay for himself because there's a reference point when something aired on TV. Especially with the many stuff that has to be done with TV rips, I can understand delays though. Some groups like CTU release both HDTV.HR and 720p which either means two different sources or a hell of a recoding to be done. There's more to TV rips than people realize and some of those are the type to whine about faulty and nuked rips - which happens when groups try to hurry their releases

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I don't.

As long as the torrent is on the site when I'm looking for it, I'm fine. So basically, as long as the pretime isn't too many hours and hours behind other trackers, I'm fine. I look more for content in trackers than pretime.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    pretime is useless

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    im not at all bothered about pre-times.

im much more concerned with the content the site is offering, how fast the downloads are and how easy it is to seed back.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    my whole life depends on those precious few minutes.... zomg!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    FireMan's Avatar Marine
    Pretime it is not important for me.
    Files more early or later goes to leave in the others trackers.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    GaleaNatur's Avatar ---Retired--- BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i don't care about the pre times because i watch my films with greek subtitles so to download a movie i will have to wait for the subs
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i don't care about the pre times because i watch my films with greek subtitles so to download a movie i will have to wait for the subs
    But you seem to speak good english I don't know why you need subs?

I'm latino but I rather watch everything in English without Spanish subs. In fact I hate subs. Especially on those DVD movies where is hard coded and you can't turn them off. I don't know why some groups have to sub that way.

Again I don't think a few mins make a difference in pre times. Is about content and speed people.

I don't care if tracker A got Southpark 30 seconds after pre. If it will only download at 20KB/s I will get it from tracker B that got it 10 mins after pre but I can download there at 500KB - 1.2MB/s

By the time I get to a TV show is either 5-8 hrs later or even days later haha.

Pre times mean nothing. Is about content and speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12