Thread: Major Help W/ Xp

Poster
    my other computer will not load xp, the boot screen comes up as normal then a black screen comes for a second, then it shutdowns and automatically turns back on, how can i get into windows so i can try to fix this without having to reinstall windows???????????

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sometime during the bootup, before it goes to the logo, press F8. If done on time, it will bring up a list of boot options, such as safe mode, safe mode w/ net, etc...choose safe mode and see what happens...if you don't get the list, restart and press F8 earlier, or press it every few seconds during bootup...hope that helps..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    thanx for the tip but i already did, i tried sfae mode and last knoewn good configuration, but it still gets to that one sopt and restarts and keeps restating until i manually push the power button in

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I had that kind of problem with mine when i first got winxp.

I ended up having to strip all non-essential hardware from my computer, and install that way...i had only my video card plugged in, with my mouse, keyboard, and of course, monitor. That was the only way I could get it to start up after install. Then I went in and installed the different components once I got it up for the first time. So, try taking all your hardware out except the essentials (video card, HD, mouse, keyboard), and try starting up that way...

If that doesn't work, something that I would try before reinstalling would be to boot from the CD, and choose an automatic repair of the installation. I don't know how well this could work, but it's worth a try.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    would my wireless pci card need to come out and would i need to unplug my printer cable???