Thread: been inactive @ torrenting for a while, can someone explain

Member BT Rep: +2
    I recently started torrenting after taking a break for a while. I am a member of a few private trackers (all of them since 12/05), keep good ratios, and generally am able to find anything I want. The trackers I belong to are generally considered "mid-level" by FST members (per the "what invites are worth" sticky).

However since I started torrenting again I have been intrigued by the way the BT is evolving and the "relative value" of sites like the two I mentioned above. Can someone explain? Is it the content? The speed? What is it about those two sites? I am trying to figure out if it's worth it (for me, no judgements about what you value) to put in the effort to join those two sites.

BTW, if someone is willing to invite me to one of them, I'd be most grateful - however I realize it's a long shot since these sites seem to be about more than "just sharing".

PS - not interested in flame replies. If you don't have anything constructive to say, please move along.
    Last edited by macnewbie; 07-09-2007 at 02:37 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Not much really. They're just smaller and a bit more exclusive than the mid level trackers. The pre times are usually a bit better and the speeds are faster (if you have the bandwidth to even utilize it). In the end, just about everything you would see on either of these trackers can be found on Torrentleech or some other mid-level tracker. The speed on most mid-level trackers is fast enough to max out most residential connections anyways and it's also easy to seed back unlike the more exclusive trackers.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    thanks for the insight, sp0ngebob. Anyone else have an opinion?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    almost same opinion..if ur current sites cover all ur needs..or atleast most of em..then no need for these sites..hard 2 get..hard 2 seed..well maybe sct is better..but still..it's not worth runnin bbehind them..i learned it the hard way
    Been There, Done That

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    yes, my current sites cover most of my current needs. -but I guess I don't know what I don't know, so I may have needs I don't know I have. LOL