Thread: Spray Painting Nokia 3595 phone cover?

Hello everyone,

So, i have a nokia 6010 with a 3595 cover on it, and one day i just looked at it and went, wow, this grey is really ugly, and i know you can buy covers off ebay, but i think im going to spray paint it, because of a spray paint addiction lol, but seriously,
    will this work?
    I met a guy once who did this to his phone cover, but i didnt look at it in detail.

i know eventually scratches and stuff will happen but i can do it over if it get s too bad, but hey if it goes wrong i have an extra 6010 cover i can always put on the phone.

So do you have any tips?

Which kid of spray paint will stick?

If you dont have a nokia 3595 or 6010, the cover comes right off (obviously or i wouldnt spray paint it) and the screen cover also comes off the case, so no taping would be needed,
    except for maybe the back cover on that little rubber thing you use to open the battery compartment....

has anyone else done this?
    Am i freakin crazy?
    I know the answer to that.....

Well thanks everyone,

Tanner.
    Last edited by Tanner31593; 07-10-2007 at 06:01 AM. Reason: I forgot about the back of the phone cover lol

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Hand-Painted Mobile Phone Cover
    SUPPLIES:
    • Blue masking tape
    • Satin-finish spray paint
    • Head pin or liner brush
    • Water-based acrylic paints
    • Polyurethane varnish (brush-on or spray)
    • Window cleaner and tissue

DIRECTIONS: Remove the cover from the phone. Cover the clear window on both sides with masking tape. In a well-ventilated area, lightly spray paint the cover and let dry for a few minutes. Repeat twice, or until the cover is evenly colored to your liking, and let dry. To decorate, use the head pin or liner brush to add acrylic dots, lines, flowers or other designs. Let dry.

Add spray or brush-on varnish. After the varnish dries, remove the masking tape from the window, and clean it with a few drops of cleaner and a tissue. Use the head pin to poke the varnish from the ear holes. Reattach your "new" cover to the phone.

TIPS: The paint will wear down after months of use, but you can refresh it easily many times. Keep the phone in a cover for maximum protection from bumps and scrapes.

VARIATIONS: Use multiple spray-paint colors for a tie-dye effect.

Source.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Honestly, don't bother.. Just get one off ebay. I'm planning on getting some black housing for my Razr cause I'm not fond of this "charcoal" junk too much. If you're really determined to do it, I'd suggest using Krylon Fusion paint, as it doesn't require any priming and whatnot. The only thing is their selection of colors is somewhat limited. P.S. this stuff works on just about anything even though they state "For plastic".... blah http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Tie-dye will never die

5. Lounge   -   #5
    One thing I forgot to add, don't forget to wash the thing off with either warm soapy water or wipe it off with some rubbing alcohol and don't touch it with your hands afterwards cause the oils from em can cause the paint to "fisheye" or orange peel as they call it.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Honestly, don't bother.. Just get one off ebay. I'm planning on getting some black housing for my Razr cause I'm not fond of this "charcoal" junk too much. If you're really determined to do it, I'd suggest using Krylon Fusion paint, as it doesn't require any priming and whatnot. The only thing is their selection of colors is somewhat limited. P.S. this stuff works on just about anything even though they state "For plastic".... blah http://www.krylon.com/main/product_t...roduct_details
    Well, i would get one off ebay, but i cant seem to find an orange one that has the same keypad layout of the 3595, all i can seem to find is the 6010 keypad layout.

Honestly before i got the phone i really didnt like the 3595 keypad, but getting to play with them i find out that the 3595 keys are easier to press particularly the bottom row

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    One thing I forgot to add, don't forget to wash the thing off with either warm soapy water or wipe it off with some rubbing alcohol and don't touch it with your hands afterwards cause the oils from em can cause the paint to "fisheye" or orange peel as they call it.
    How the fuck are you supposed to answer the phone if you can't touch it with your hands

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    How the fuck are you supposed to answer the phone if you can't touch it with your hands
    I assumed that he meant RIGHT after you paint it until it dries, but who knows.........

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post

I assumed that he meant RIGHT after you paint it until it dries, but who knows.........
    You obviously know nothing about spray painting You have to get all the dirt, oils and shit off it before you paint it or else it'll get fucked up. The oils from your skin can cause the paint to run which obviously don't want.