Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Ok To Say That

Ex-member
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+19 June 2003 - 00:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier &#064; 19 June 2003 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Lamsey

My apologies, I was under the impression that I could say fuck as often as I wanted. If that is not the case then I can only apologise.

Is there a set number of times I can say fuck per day. Or is it on a post by post basis.

I really would appreciate your input as I had never realised that freedom of expression was quite so limited.

EDIT Added d [/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-K-Lite Board Rules

2. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum.[/quote]
    You can express your opinions just as clearly without using the word "fuck". Please do so. I do not wish to censor you, you can still post your views freely and I will defend your right to do so.

But there is no real need to swear. Some people are offended by it, you know.

@TheDave: Pointing and laughing has duly been administered, but I don&#39;t think he heard me...

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by TheDave@18 June 2003 - 23:41
    the point is that to call an entire religion like islam evil is pretty stupid. the guy in question obviously knows nothing about it or what the koran (spelling?)teaches. ive learnt that when im wrong admit or at least shut up. i think we should make an example of him by pointing and laughing
    Fair point - no freedom of expression in your world then.

Want my addresss, I can have the books piled up ready for burning if you want.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+18 June 2003 - 23:48--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 18 June 2003 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@18 June 2003 - 23:41
    the point is that to call an entire religion like islam evil is pretty stupid. the guy in question obviously knows nothing about it or what the koran (spelling?)teaches. ive learnt that when im wrong admit or at least shut up. i think we should make an example of him by pointing and laughing &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Fair point - no freedom of expression in your world then.

Want my addresss, I can have the books piled up ready for burning if you want. [/b][/quote]
    great stuff. what are you talking about?

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Ex-member
    He is free to express his views.

We are free to express that we think his views are wrong.
    We are also free to point and laugh.

Where is the problem with freedom of expression, PB? They&#39;re not asking for his posts to be censored are they?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Originally posted by Lamsey+18 June 2003 - 23:46--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 18 June 2003 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 00:39
    Lamsey

My apologies, I was under the impression that I could say fuck as often as I wanted. If that is not the case then I can only apologise.

Is there a set number of times I can say fuck per day. Or is it on a post by post basis.

I really would appreciate your input as I had never realised that freedom of expression was quite so limited.

EDIT Added d
    <!--QuoteBegin-K-Lite Board Rules

2. There will be no excessive use of profanity. Please keep all foul language to a minimum.
    You can express your opinions just as clearly without using the word "fuck". Please do so. I do not wish to censor you, you can still post your views freely and I will defend your right to do so.

But there is no real need to swear. Some people are offended by it, you know.

@TheDave: Pointing and laughing has duly been administered, but I don&#39;t think he heard me... [/b][/quote]
    So it&#39;s ok for you to say "fuck". But not me.

I never realised that my freedom of expression was ok, within limits. I had always assumed it to be absolute.

Well me, another lesson learned. Perhaps the first amendment should have been clearer. It&#39;s ok to express yourself as long as big brother approves.

Sorry to get Orwellian, but every wedge has a thin end. So if you wish to propogate the censorship, please feel free to delete this, as if I had an option. However remember that you will live with that action for the rest of your life and being part of the establishment is no excuse, no matter how trivial the action is :

We rest our case.Proceed as you see fit.

edited by Lamsey to conform with Board rules. There&#39;s a difference between expressing your views and trolling. Learn it

6. Lounge   -   #26
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i think its fine what he said.

i&#39;ll say this, all religion is evil.

not the people, just the ideas.

and the religious people with power...

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by kAb@18 June 2003 - 18:01
    i think its fine what he said.

i&#39;ll say this, all religion is evil.

not the people, just the ideas.

and the religious people with power...
    I wouldnt necessarily agree that all religion and its idease
    are evil. If you could specify maybe i could understand
    your point better.

However, you have a point when religious people obtain
    power in the real world b/c of their religious authority.
    its the whole reason why there are lutherans.

About PB cursing,
    Although he has the right to speech and [i]can[i] curse on the board,
    he should keep other members and the board in mind when posting.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by dlingeverything@19 June 2003 - 01:25
    I wouldnt necessarily agree that all religion and its idease
    are evil. If you could specify maybe i could understand
    your point better.

However, you have a point when religious people obtain
    power in the real world b/c of their religious authority.
    its the whole reason why there are lutherans.

About PB cursing,
    Although he has the right to speech and [i]can[i] curse on the board,
    he should keep other members and the board in mind when posting.
    As I said, Religions usually tend to be perfectly well-meaning and have good intentions.

The problems start when people deliberately misinterpret religion to suit their own purposes.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Is ok to say the bible is bullsh&#33;t...and this is coming from a person who spent 8 years at a private catholic school...So i think my opnion counts...

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@19 June 2003 - 01:38
    Is ok to say the bible is bullsh&#33;t...and this is coming from a person who spent 8 years at a private catholic school...So i think my opnion counts...
    i think this may be stepping a little over the &#39;line&#39;

you can&#39;t just say a book that millions (even into 10 figures) believe in and live life by (in theory, of course) is bull

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast