Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Is It Ok To Say That

crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    Hey, who knows?

Maybe it was all started with God, the supreme being and entity above all others.

Would you Adam & Eve it ?

Some people do, but then again, maybe the utterly amazing thing that is human life came from a puff of air in the.........well, air.....Or Space?

Really, who knows the answer?

No one im afraid !!!!!

Not even Mr Hawking's.......

duz any1 no wot dat book wuz dat he wrote?

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Poster
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 17:56
    Current theoretical physics has pretty much accepted that the big bang happened. Most of the interesting work is concentrating on what happened before that and what produced the big bang.

Why do people get so hung up on how the universe started. It's only in newtonian physics that a start is required. You really do have to start looking outside of this limited thinking. There are more than three dimensions, if two things travel towards each other at high speeds the speed they are travelling towards each other is not the sum of their speeds, it's lower.

The very big and the very small, the very fast and the very slow do not obey newtonian laws. He was a mega genius, but only worked with what he could observe.

Oh and my beliefs are very strong. However they do not include that God made the Earth in 6 days. At least not 6 x 24 hours, or the period in which the earth rotates. The old Testament is not to be taken literally. Things like that don't matter, what matters is the message and particularly the messages in the new Testament.
    Yes but do you think it's conceivable that Steven Hawking swallowed a speak and spell machine and can he play a Rolf Harris stylophone??
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 18:10
    can he play a Rolf Harris stylophone??
    I&#39;ve heard he&#39;s got a copy of stairway to heaven on his hard drive and he hook&#39;s her up to stereo-out and the puppy sounds sweet.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Poster
    I believe in God (though the definition is a tough one). At least supreme intelligence, omnipresence, something that no human can comprehend&#33; The Flood, Jesus , Adam and Eve I reserve judgement on. I think the idea of God becomes more believable with the simple question where did it all come from?? Why and How?? Every question we answer open up more of the suckers&#33;

edit shit typing
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Originally posted by fugley@19 June 2003 - 18:16
    where did it all come from?? Why and How??
    No one knows the answer to this, and this is the sad truth im afraid.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Poster
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 17:56
    Current theoretical physics has pretty much accepted that the big bang happened. Most of the interesting work is concentrating on what happened before that and what produced the big bang.

Why do people get so hung up on how the universe started. It&#39;s only in newtonian physics that a start is required. You really do have to start looking outside of this limited thinking. There are more than three dimensions, if two things travel towards each other at high speeds the speed they are travelling towards each other is not the sum of their speeds, it&#39;s lower.

The very big and the very small, the very fast and the very slow do not obey newtonian laws. He was a mega genius, but only worked with what he could observe.

Oh and my beliefs are very strong. However they do not include that God made the Earth in 6 days. At least not 6 x 24 hours, or the period in which the earth rotates. The old Testament is not to be taken literally. Things like that don&#39;t matter, what matters is the message and particularly the messages in the new Testament.
    All religions seem to believe their&#39;s is best and anyone elses is wrong and at best they tolerate each other(s). They all want a monopoly on God

All can agree that something pretty awsome did and is happening? All can agree pretty much on the same questions like; where did we and every thing come from? Physics is chipping away at the answers (probably creating 10x the questions as it goes too).

The new testement worries me a bit. As far as I know it was mainly written just a little too long after the events of Christ to be crispy and fact full. I think of it as a book of Chinese Whispers....

Maybe it&#39;s all true&#33; Or maybe it&#39;s just something not quite so true. All the religions have values and they are not bad things to live by when not distorted but they are usually twisted by fanatics and others with ulterior motives.

I believe everyone of any, or no religion can benefit and be enriched by the sense of awe that&#39;s inspired by questions about the universe. If you want something nearer the truth look around you at life and the universe. None of it was initially instigated by mankind. That why its awsome and honest&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Poster
    Originally posted by fugley+19 June 2003 - 18:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 19 June 2003 - 18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PB Montgolfier@19 June 2003 - 17:56

Why do people get so hung up on how the universe started. It&#39;s only in newtonian physics that a start is required. You really do have to start looking outside of this limited thinking. There are more than three dimensions, if two things travel towards each other at high speeds the speed they are travelling towards each other is not the sum of their speeds, it&#39;s lower.

Oh and my beliefs are very strong. However they do not include that God made the Earth in 6 days. At least not 6 x 24 hours, or the period in which the earth rotates. The old Testament is not to be taken literally. Things like that don&#39;t matter, what matters is the message and particularly the messages in the new Testament.
    All religions seem to believe their&#39;s is best and anyone elses is wrong and at best they tolerate each other(s). They all want a monopoly on God

All can agree that something pretty awsome did and is happening? All can agree pretty much on the same questions like; where did we and every thing come from? Physics is chipping away at the answers (probably creating 10x the questions as it goes too).

The new testement worries me a bit. As far as I know it was mainly written just a little too long after the events of Christ to be crispy and fact full. I think of it as a book of Chinese Whispers....

Maybe it&#39;s all true&#33; Or maybe it&#39;s just something not quite so true. All the religions have values and they are not bad things to live by when not distorted but they are usually twisted by fanatics and others with ulterior motives.

I believe everyone of any, or no religion can benefit and be enriched by the sense of awe that&#39;s inspired by questions about the universe. If you want something nearer the truth look around you at life and the universe. None of it was initially instigated by mankind. That why its awsome and honest&#33; [/b][/quote]
    .....And believe me it came from somewhere.... it wasn&#39;t just some book written by a geezer&#33;

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567