Thread: Should I give a fool a break?

adesai's Avatar Just this guy BT Rep: +1
    So a few days ago, I posted a thread looking for an invite to Tophos. Someone (who will remain nameless for the moment) asked me to PM him. I did so, assuming he would give me the invite. Instead, he offered to trade me an account. Being young and naive, I agreed, and traded him a nice well-buffered account at another tracker.

A few days later, of course, my Tophos account was disabled, and their admin PMed me, saying I'd been a very bad boy, and that no trading was allowed. I apologized profusely, and all was forgiven.

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd check back at the tracker I'd traded. To my surprise, this fool had not changed the password that I'd given him, or even the email address!

So here's the question. Do I take pity on this guy, tell him that he's being a fool, and let him keep the account, even though he knowingly tried to screw me? Or should I just take it back? Replies welcome.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Pluto's Avatar Enforcer BT Rep: +4
    Thats the risk you take when you trade accounts. They dont allow trading.
    Looking for scene axxs pm me for details.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    adesai's Avatar Just this guy BT Rep: +1
    Sure, I understand that. I was stupid to trade the account in the first place.

But the question is, what should I do now?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    clubzz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You should praise yourself very lucky the sysop was mercyfull.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clubzz View Post
    You should praise yourself very lucky the sysop was mercyfull.
    LMAO

Well TBH "some" of the people on the receiving end dont know that invites/accounts shouldnt be traded on certain sites. Its more up to the person offering the account to know they shouldnt be trading them.

As 99% of the time finding people who trade accounts on my site isnt all that hard considering theres only a tad over 6,500users and no invites.... when an account gets traded its not that hard to spot considering I dont have to waste time looking for invite traders,I can spend my time on catching account trading only.

(Alot of times a pm can go a long way.)
    You already saw my comment on what you should do earleir