Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extracting Problems

Hey, Im having problems extracting an NZB I downloaded. The files have all downloaded correctly, I have run quickpar and there are no missing files. My problem is all the files that have downloaded are "file" type. There are no .rar files so I have nothing to extract to get my .iso image. Judging on previous downloads I have done some of the files are always .rar and some are not. I have files c-re4we.001 to c-re4we.090 and all are "file" type. How do I make an iso image without rar files?!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    towerblocks's Avatar MW2 ADDiCT
    Right mouse click on the first file .001 and choose extract files, Choose the location where you want it to be extracted to say desktop, Then click on ok, unpacking will then begin.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks towerblocks for the reply. Dont think you get the jist of my problem. The files I have here are NOT .rar files. They are just "files". There is no option when I right click because they are not .rar files. I have even renamed each one to a .rar which works but when I go to extract them there is an error. If you picture after a download you have a mixture of .rar files and "files" normally. Well I dont have that mixture. I need to know which ones should be .rar and which ones not for the extract process to work. Ive downloaded quite a bit and not encounted this problem before. Im referring to your post actually towerblocks of Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition EUR Wii-CHRONiC.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    towerblocks's Avatar MW2 ADDiCT
    I've just downloaded the first 7 files and the extension is .001 .002 .003 .004 .005 .006 .007, You need to install winrar on your computer if you dont already have it installed, If your using newsleecher it will not auto unpack these files because there not .rar files, But winrar will extract the files from these files.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    thanks again for your reply..... I have winrar installed. Those files you have downloaded were they .rar files? because mine arnt? I apprictiate the fact that I have to unpack them and newsleecher doesn't do it for you but they are not .rar files in the first place so I have no option to unpack. Here are two pics. The first one shows the problem. The second shows another NZB that I downloaded with .rar's and other files and worked fine to unpack.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Can't you just open winrar, select one of the 0XX files and open it?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    multiforce u cracked it, didn't think of the obvious way. For absolutely everything i've downloaded, right clicking and extract has always worked. For some reason this download and only this download is different for whatever reason. Cheers!

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    omg!!! come on ukads get a grip

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS
    Theoretically you could use a freeware app called HJSplit which will join the files. Might be something to try if you don't want WinRAR.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WHiCKWiRE View Post
    Theoretically you could use a freeware app called HJSplit which will join the files. Might be something to try if you don't want WinRAR.

It's not release.rar.001 etc. - files

If it is Winrar files you have to extract them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast