Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thinkin about new video card

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    The lowly x1600pro, despite 512mb RAM ( the card is too slow to effectively use all that vram anyway), will NOT run most games (i.e. oblivion) perfectly on high settings at 1024x768. And neither will the 7600GT.

Expect medium settings at 1024x768 for your price range.
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post

They just have better transistors and don't create as much heat as the launch cards. I've seen 7600s that are small in size and only have a heatsink on them.

You always were the smart one Shiranai_Baka , I was just surprised and my friend did n't wait for me , she just went hell bent for leather and installed it . Me going : Did you install it right , like power and fan wires ? Her : Huh ? I just thought it was funny as looked at the box , its called Silent O db , no shit its silent .... no fan . Hey live and learn . Fluck I hate computers sometimes , a nOob can make you look like such an ass .
    Thanks, and when your friend said that, you could've saved yourself by saying "Oh, so you got the newer model" Lol.

Back on topic; My friend used to have a 7600GT and it ran most of his games smoothly(CNC3). I'm not sure about the new games such as GRAW2.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    the nvidia 8600 xxx gt or sumtn ithink it is , is a dx10 card and its only 150 dollars. and who ever said the ati wont run most games on high. um. my card runs css,hl2,swat4,fear, on high settings pretty damn decent. so why wouldnt it be almost perfect. i dont give a shit if its not no 60fps im not goin for that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    mestari's Avatar Witchmaster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Ati x1950 Pro. It's quite cheap and enough powerful to run my games..!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12