Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: uTorrent 1.7 stable released

magister's Avatar Melancholic BT Rep: +5
    I don't think there's a problem with it, most of the sites will aprove it in the next few days

2. News (Archive)   -   #102
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Having pooblems alraedy, sT won't load up torrents here, Revert abck to V1.61, works perfectly.also, my DSL connection keeps breaking up and Reconnecting with V1.71

3. News (Archive)   -   #103
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Hmmm, someone posted a redirect in the News Section. Good stuff, too.

Check here for more: Utorrent 1.7 and above security in question! Check your trackers!

And merged topics. Oh.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

4. News (Archive)   -   #104
    Most torrent sites are banning the new update by uTorrent. Too bad they were taken over by Bittorent... Now have to switch to Azureus for the meantime

5. News (Archive)   -   #105
    vikram_mavi
    Iam usin it without any prob!!

6. News (Archive)   -   #106
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    1.7.2 came out a few days ago. The security hole is patched and most trackers should start unbanning it now.

7. News (Archive)   -   #107
    Poster
    using 1.5 and having no probs at all
    Open your mind

8. News (Archive)   -   #108
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I noticed PG2 has updated their blocklists to say "Bittorrent Inc" instead of that Swift w/e...

Anyways...It blocks it every so often on port 6881. I have automatic updates disabled, too.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

9. News (Archive)   -   #109
    i'm migrating to azureus 2.5 ... any one else?

10. News (Archive)   -   #110
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roark View Post
    I hate when people muddy the waters by pretending there's two sides to a story when there's not.

1) First of all, note that of the most respected and skilled torrent admins and coders: djGrrr, Retro, Zlo, even Oink/TMT, none of them spout this bullshit about uTorrent being spyware.

2) Firon, a developer for uTorrent, is also an admin on HDBits, where uTorrent is obviously a recommended client. I eagerly await ACiD's "proof" that HDBits is simply a front for the MPAA.

3) The fact that these people are using PG2 to prove their point ought to be self-discrediting. Using PG2 at all is generally a sure sign of incompetence.

4) Examine their conspiracy theory for a second: According to them, instead of the MPAA going after the hundreds of thousands of people openly publishing their IPs by using public trackers, the MPAA decided it would be simpler and more cost-effective to redesign a client for the purpose of ... mining IPs.

As sk0t found out, when the MPAA is after your site, you'll know about it.

Fair point.

-bd

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast