Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disk boot failure

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yarp nuke the basterd and while your at it Johnny, delete that useless System Recovery partition as well . You could always hook up your HDD to your friends computer first , just set pins to slave and try and burn to cd or dvd your pic's , music what not .

Its very easy to do and help is here or Google , its a frustrating help topic as you could probably fix it with a Install disk running the command fixmbr . My advice would be to get a hold of a Win XP Pro Corp cd with help from your friend maybe he could D/L and burn for you .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-14-2007 at 07:40 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Yarp nuke the basterd and while your at it Johnny, delete that useless System Recovery partition as well . You could always hook up your HDD to your friends computer first , just set pins to slave and try and burn to cd or dvd your pic's , music what not .

Its very easy to do and help is here or Google , its a frustrating help topic as you could probably fix it with a Install disk running the command fixmbr . My advice would be to get a hold of a Win XP Pro Corp cd with help from your friend maybe he could D/L and burn for you .
    that fixmbr thing saved my ass several times.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry1331 View Post

Well there you go , no one likes saying Fdisk or Formatt numb nuts . Its just tuff trying to help someone on a forum like this with out " all the facts "as sgmailer or mbucari1 have both pointed out . Mind you there's many ways to solve computer problems , one just has to listen and try the "many" and I mean many of the options that are offered .

I find someone else's problems so much more exciting than my own and sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees so take all the help offered, as it's all done in good faith .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-15-2007 at 01:09 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Demigod's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by raspberry1331 View Post

Well there you go , no one likes saying Fdisk or Formatt numb nuts . Its just tuff trying to help someone on a forum like this with out " all the facts "as sgmailer or mbucari1 have both pointed out . Mind you there's many ways to solve computer problems , one just has to listen and try the "many" and I mean many of the options that are offered .

I find someone else's problems so much more exciting than my own and sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees so take all the help offered, as it's all done in good faith .
    I feel exactly the same. Maybe it's due to the fact that you won't have to worry about the various files (pr0n in my case ) on the machine. Perhaps that makes it all the more easier to concentrate.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    yeah pr0n on the machine is a big drag.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12