Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renting Sever!! Help :)

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Hey people,

I am looking to rent the best possible box.....with best company! i would like your help to find one! i am new to this! so tell me weather i would have to set it up! and cost and letting somone else acess it! and all other things i need to know! I am looking for it quicky! all the help appriciated!

Thanks in advance!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well First it depends on how much you wanna $pend, company's like leeware are cheap and dont offer the best but are good for tight budgets. A Place like Leaseweb or Vectoral is more for people who have the money to shell out between $70-$150 a month and offer great speeds. While leeware starts at like $20.

Yes you would have to set it up but buggyme has made a great tutorial about how to setup utorrent on a linux box.

Read that article here!

Letting someone else access is as easy as creating a new user with non root permissions in linux. Now if you go with a windows box Utorrent install is easy and user configuration is also easy.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by josephs911; 07-14-2007 at 05:35 PM.
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    wasn't there a sticky with hosting companies or something....

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by josephs911 View Post
    Well First it depends on how much you wanna $pend

um 20 to 40'sh $ ...also dont like to deal with bunch of technical b$ easy the better!

Quote Originally Posted by clos View Post

i seen that but i want feedback from people who actually owns it and know the best one! more people that have experinced with renting and using servers! i mean sticky helps but this helps a Lot
    Last edited by Bo$$4Life; 07-14-2007 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BamZow's Avatar Pure Swedish power BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo$$4Life View Post
    um 20 to 40'sh $ ...also dont like to deal with bunch of technical b$ easy the better!
    You are looking for the best possible seedbox, but you don´t want to spend more than 20-40 bucks?

Good luck in finding the best possible then...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Cheapest windows license is like $15 month alone so if you want cheap you will need to go linux.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo$$4Life View Post

Quote Originally Posted by clos View Post

i seen that but i want feedback from people who actually owns it and know the best one! more people that have experinced with renting and using servers! i mean sticky helps but this helps a Lot
    unfortunately for that price all you can get really is a leeware or comparable product.
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Gosht's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Leeware seams to be good its just 20 bucks/month but its Linux.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/misc.php?do=leeware

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You get what you pay for, for 20-40$ you won't be able to get a dedicated server, you'll be able to get a VPS, or a Virtual Private Server. Which means its like having your own server, but its really a virtual machine on a machine that you share with other people who are renting VPS's. This can effect your overall speed.

My experience with leeware was very pour, so pour that after the first month I canceled my subscription. It was cheap, and it was unlimited bandwidth, but I couldn't get upload speeds over 1 MB/s and the box went down, literally every other day.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ok forget the 20 to 40$....what's the some of best ones avalible? and how much do they run?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast