Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FTN should have seeding bonuses

Tiffany's Avatar <3 BT Rep: +1
    1. This will solve the 4,000+ torrents with 1 or 2 seeders.
    2. This will create more activity since even if you have a slow connection and/or few leechers on that particular torrent, in time you'll get a 1:1 because of the seeding bonus.

FTN's a good site but the lack of leechers just turn me off. I only go there to check the freebies and boost my ratio. No way I'm gonna download a rls there when if I just wait 10-15mins. later, it'll show up on TL and I'll have absolutely no problems seeding it back (and the speed will be almost the same).

EDIT:

* Example of the bonus system
    * Why this would be a good idea and another example
    Last edited by Tiffany; 07-15-2007 at 01:20 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    resigned's Avatar Graphomaniac Psycho BT Rep: +4
    You're right. The question is: What is better? Owning an account on a top tracker, or using an account on a top tracker? Some people prefer owning.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    For me using it

That's why I have said a few times. I don't care about Exigo, UK-T, FTWR and not much about FTN either.

And I say all trackers where is hard to see should have seeding bonus system. It does rewards users for seeding and also makes people want to seed more as well. I seeded some torrents at Oink for many weeks just to get maybe 100 megs uploaded. Unless is something I uploaded myself people just don't seem to leech. However Oink does have very low ratio requierements. Other trackers where is so hard to see should have a seeding bonus system though. For example X264 does and it sure helps a lot.

TR should have seeding bonus system imo. Damn it can be so hard to seed there.
    Last edited by saulin; 07-15-2007 at 11:51 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    nemesi54's Avatar BCC nemesis BT Rep: +3
    What is wrong with you ppl???

The last days everyone are talking for FTN not in a good way...

If you got some proposions for the site then go to their site Forums or IRC...

simple thing...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    0sec's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +5
    Its a good idea imo.
    Lets wait until Brandon reads this

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I don't think a bonus system is a bad thing at all nemesi54 and you didn't have to post the same thing 4 times.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    resigned's Avatar Graphomaniac Psycho BT Rep: +4
    I don't know, what's wrong in suggesting some ideas in connection with a tracker. The first post was about how Tiffany would enjoy better FTN, it was a simple idea, didn't sound like a complaint. My post was about snob people, who don't care about using a site, they just wanna own an account, because they think, it makes them elite. On the other hand I don't have FTN, so I couldn't write about that tracker, I can only write about peoples mentality. That's all.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    A) If you seed back everything for 72 hours +, in practice, you don't have to worry about your ratioB) Seeding freebies should give you more than enough ratio

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Tiffany's Avatar <3 BT Rep: +1
    Something like 10MB/hr I think would be ideal. So if you seed something for 24 straight hours, even if there's no leecher, you will have 240MB of bonus upload credit. You don't want to overdo it and give a seeding bonus of 25MB or 50MB per hour because if you do, majority will cap their upload speed and just rely on the seeding bonus.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Seeding bonus is only for small trackers with very small userbase and no leachers at all.FTN doesn't need that especially when they have freebies.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast