Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revtt

TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80

Urgent

Important News For All - Action Needed IMMEDIATELY

You may or may not have noticed but the site is suffering at the moment. We have had more problems and downtime/slow load times in the last month than ever! We have several servers already running the site however they all now are running at 105% of their capacity 24/7. This is not good on many levels that the average member would not see....but for what can be seen is tracker time outs pages loading in 4-5 secs when it all should be smooth.

This brings us to a simple fact. We need better servers for the site to remain functional and effective. The other option which no one wants to do is start bringing the numbers down on the site say by loosing 15-20 k worth of accounts! We will stress again, Thats not something anyone wants to do however sometimes, we all gotta do something we don`t want to in life!

So here`s the bottom line, we don`t like the site slow and overloaded but have not got the funds to buy the 2 new servers needed to take us on and into the future. So right now our only option is too look at the number reduction to level out the site, however , we are a big site and have a lot of great people here so what we are asking is put something in the pot so we can get the new hardware we need and make RevolutionTT as good as it should be!

We also have looked at advertising like pop up`s and other bits but once again this is something you see on a lot of the sites trying to make big bucks out of them and .....we hate pop ups so that is no option either, same as with a sponsor, too tied down etc and generally never worthwhile!

We have just under 40k members here and roughly as a monthly average just over 1% will donate regularly which in all our opinions is just ridiculous but now`s the time to try and show if RevolutionTT means anything to you or not. With the crazy peer numbers and users online we have, it should say people like the site a bit more than they currently show.

Invites have been disabled for a week or so now, as we really are bursting at the seams (hence downtime a little while ago) as the servers just drop out running like they are 24/7.

So basically we are saying give something for a site that gives you so much just to keep it up and well otherwise we have no choice but to start looking to slim down, although at that point if it was to show so few people cared about the site it may go all together as we`re sure all the hard work thats put in from so many people would start to seem pointless. No one does this for the money, we are not a big movie/music company etc, this place is here for the people by the people and hopefully will stay that way if everyone can get together and bring a little love into RevolutionTT!

NOW TAKING THIS CHANCE HOWEVER WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY A HUGE THANKS TO ANYONE THAT HAS GIVEN IN THE PAST ETC AS YOUR THE ONES WHO HAVE KEPT US HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    am going to donate now .. i dont want to see another great site going down ..

they can try selling tshirts for 40$ ..lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Yeah right, "several servers on 105%" with a user count of less than 38k and currently ~ 350 online users on the tracker.

I can understand them needing money and more server resources perfectly fine, but their numbers and details in this mass-pm contradict each other. Well, maybe they're still running some 2ghz 2gb single core systems, who knows?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Gosht's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    YEah, RevTT its a great site I think I will donate, too.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Great Site and worth a donation.
    Rent this space

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I tought they're loaded with all that spam about donations I get.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It would be unfortunate for them to go under. They're probably the best all around tracker nowadays along with torrentleech.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Ac3Dunk's Avatar S.O.P-Laf BT Rep: +5
    A new way to get money and trick users

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Seems like someone needs some new wheels...

Just kidding... TorrentLeech used to be my fav until a lot of their members started getting letters from their ISPs and the MPAA... RevTT is my new home now, because it's more secure So, I'll go help and donate.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    really good tracker like i heard.. so it would be bad if they closed down.. need donations..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast