Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: banned from TL :(

BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by clos View Post
    what happened was i invited to many cheaters...it had nothing to do with my grandpa...

i didn't know that tl banned up the invite tree for inviting cheaters...i didn't even get a warning

user notes you have to love them

2007-07-15 - Warned for 4 weeks by {removed}.
    Reason: Invite another user who cheats, you will be banned also

after that warning yet another user you invited cheated

this is why you never give invites to people you do not know

i also know alot of people trade sell invites to tl or cheat accounts for trade imo i have better things to do then spend my life hunting for people doing this when we do come across them there account is banned so are all people they invited to our site due they should not of had invites to start with so we take them back
    Last edited by kingrob; 07-17-2007 at 09:12 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    shaibob's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    send me your email for another invite
    and start again no prblem
    but DO NOT invite cheaters

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    DISABLED PRIVS
    haha

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Tl Is A Great Tracker Dont Abuse It
    Last edited by fridash; 07-17-2007 at 04:21 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    i have lots of tl and td invites to give away, i can help u too

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    No use, they banned my subnet...lol I'm done there for a while

fuck'em....i have more trackers then i know what to do with.....
    Last edited by clos; 07-17-2007 at 06:46 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Must be related to my grand pa ,tell him to get new glasses as you get a permanent ban for 6 failed logins in a row . I'm not kidding as the old fart forgot his login name and password .

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post

Seems a bit harsh to me. He made his post here at 1am on the 16th, which means he was banned a matter of hours after his warning. The warning was to be more careful with his invites in future, but it looks like he was banned because a person he had already invited was then caught cheating, so its not like he had chance to change his ways. Given the short time between the warning and his ban it's possible he didn't even see the warning before his account was disabled.

I dont feel much sympathy for people who get banned for inviting cheats, but its a little unfair to say he was given proper warning and opportunity to change. Not that my opinion really matters, but I dont see why a warning + removal of his invites wouldn't have been an adequate punishment.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post

Seems a bit harsh to me. He made his post here at 1am on the 16th, which means he was banned a matter of hours after his warning. The warning was to be more careful with his invites in future, but it looks like he was banned because a person he had already invited was then caught cheating, so its not like he had chance to change his ways. Given the short time between the warning and his ban it's possible he didn't even see the warning before his account was disabled.

I dont feel much sympathy for people who get banned for inviting cheats, but its a little unfair to say he was given proper warning and opportunity to change. Not that my opinion really matters, but I dont see why a warning + removal of his invites wouldn't have been an adequate punishment.
    I guess I should say that I never got a warning, I just tried to log in one day and I couldn't....I was not SELLING ACCOUNTS, I wasn't even trading accounts...my ratio was 200gigs download and 300gigs uploaded, I was a frequent user of the site. I gave away a few invites to the wrong people and I got banned...I tried to talk to the mods but they wouldn't listen...oh well....

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    yes i agree it was to harsh and it the user had come to me i would of removed invites and given his acount back
    but once he wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by clos View Post
    Apparently i was making and cheating accounts, and then I sold them...I did nothing of the sort....

I just got really pissed and told one of the mods there to fuck off...oh well
    there is nothing i can do.

being abusive to any member of my staff means a prem ban if people are not happy with a mod ect they should take it to an admin to be dealt with

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast