Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows NT 5 Beta 2

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Ok, we have a station in our department where some guy developed an email application years ago (which is used to send out emails from an electronic microscope) .. He left the company LOOONG time ago and it does not work on both, NT4 or 2000 and now it finally died (the station, not the guy).. Now we have about 1700 mails stuck there and we need somehow to resurrect those emails (unfortunately they are saved encrypted not as plain text).

Could you guys please check if the tracker of your choice has this by any chance ? If you don't want to name it here feel free to send me a PM ..

And yes, it is silly that this sh** program doesn't work on other OS' but we need to install it, send release those mails and then we can shut it finally down .. Hell, we couldn't even find that PC for two month

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    You want to know how to extract emails from an encrypted email server? What has this got to do with torrents? And how do we know you havent hacked a torrent site and stole the database and your asking how to get to the emails so you can mass spam them lol.. ok maybe I'm a little too excited
    Rent this space

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    repair the station

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    he wants the OS software so they can reinstall it for some program that will only run on winnt5beta2.
    Hes not asking for decryption, recovery, just the OS he needs to run his software.
    If you can find it, help out.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    There are a few "ALL WINDOWS DVDs" out there, one is still on demonoid, but it only has NT4
    maybe thats close enough to get you going.

all windows 2 DVD- From Dos to XP 2 DVD's

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Windows nt 5.0 also know as Windows 2000

Last edited by josephs911; 07-16-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think he wants that specific beta release. Read, he can not run this custom program on any other OS including nt4 and 2000.

C'mon guys, at least read the post before replying.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I doubt though that anyone has it as its an almost 8 year old Operating system, and especially the beta. SO good luck
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hm maybe he is looking Windows Server 2003 because it is server OS???

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    No, I am not looking for Server 2003 .. and Beta 2 of NT5 is not a server OS .. From Beta2 on it was renamed to 2000 Professional. And yes, I don't care about encrypting etc., again, the specific station is connected to an electronics microscope which sends out results in certain intervalls ... the guy who created the program for us was a real geek , I am not a programer, but obviously you can check the version of a OS (start a CMD and you can see the exact version for instance) - we tried to fake it with certain tools, but unfortunately the program just doesn't work on 2000 and it is not possible to install it on NT4 ...

In the best we were able to download it from our MSDN account .. but this was really years ago ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast