Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Reasons Not To Be Afraid Of The Riaa

jeeves
    hi. i'm new to this whole thing...and there also seems to be a lot of misinformation out there (like the RIAA only targets ppl who download tons of files each day)...who exactly are the RIAA suing? are they just targeting ppl who "illegally" share files? or people who download? or ppl who possess mp3s? (what if i own the cd and ripped the songs myself?) also, if i move my music to a different folder, can they still find out if i have "illegal" songs? and for that kazaalite option thingy that doesn't allow ppl to get my entire shared folder- how much protection does it give? sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere else..

2. File Sharing   -   #102
    I think it's time to be careful!

But I have followed your advice!!!

BTW -

Wouldn't it be a good idea if a paypal fund was set up for the RIAA victims?

Good PR and good for our "community" Ill start it with a £5

The whole issue for me is that stealing and sharing are fundametally wrong, but the music industry has been exploiting people for too long, if they developed new revenue models they would still make the cash, as long as they focus on delivering quality new product rather than pop-idol regurgatated shite.

The industry should change and it could recover from it's pathetic luddite decision to fight napster rather than embrace the opportunity, a graduate business studies student would probably have done a better job!!!

I for one would have paid proposed Napster subscription based service that Bertelsmann (BMG) invested money in through the deal with Napster. I wonder how many people would have paid £25 pcm to have unlimited access to Music downloads of 128kbts? loads I imagine.

The industry would have had a ongoing revenue base, reduced costs, superb customer knowledge, consequent direct marketing opportunities to sell ringtones, concert tickets and merchandise, it could have been incredible but they decided to make it into a war...

In war there are casualties in this case profits and now consumers like you and me... just like prohibition in the 20's all this did was force the culture underground, once the culture of changing your file sharing program every few months was bedded in (as they shut it down, napster, morpheus/limewire, audiogalaxy, kazaa etc) there wasn't a way back...

What a giant missed business opportunity, $0 distribution costs, 0$ marketing inventory costs, perfect consumer knowledge and relationship marketing...

Make the music, shoot the video, organise the tour and upsell!

However If they want a war lets man the defences, lets start this fund for the RIAA victims and somebody come up with an IP address hiding P2P what about you boys here at K+++?

3. File Sharing   -   #103
    ok, I don't get this at all! Why is the riaa attacking the customers! Plus, part of the reason this whole thing is happening is because people dan't want cds with one artist, no one wants that! People want a cd with their favorite atists! So who's to blame? The record companies! They had no marketing plans! Couldn't they see this coming? I mean, they could have launched a system where you make your own cd right at the store! Plus, They make the cds for about a dollar each. (maybe lower.) So they are making about 15x or more profit off these cds when you don't even want some of the songs! So.. Lets do the math here... if they were to sue me for how much THEY actually lost.. I have 250 songs... about 15 songs on a cd.... A dollar a cd.... OH MY GOD!!! Their going to sue me for $16.66! But no! They add on all thesebut no the actual amount is about $3,000! For god sakes, their making more profit off this lawsuit stuff than the cds themselves ever were making. well I don't live in America so I guess it doesn't really matter to me.... Yet.

4. File Sharing   -   #104
    rahhh
    There is a problem with paying the artists. i believe that when a record company offers a artist a contract part of the contract requires that the artist turns his copyrights over to the record company, therefore paying the artist would not help the problem.

5. File Sharing   -   #105
    Poster
    I think people need to start finding artists who put their music on line for free right now and spreading the word about the good ones. Why are we still eating the shit the recording industry shovels down our throats. So man posts on here are complaining about the quality of the music being released by recording industry artists. It's time to find some alternatives. I think it would make a great addition to this forum to have a verified free artists section endorsing sites and artists that are releasing good quality stuff on klite and all over the net. I mean the only reason most people like "hits" are cause they hear them on the radio so much. It's time to stop being brainwashed.

This way we can make them lose a huge chunk of their profits, still listen to great new music that has heart , and win back the people who don't share out of fear(since they would be only sharing free music anyway and not too mention new people who were afraid thus far).just means more sources on kazaa for me and you.

I'm not saying JUST do this(we could all still stick it to them by getting some of our old favorites for free too) but fuck them we could probably find and endorse some pretty damn good alternatives to their Christina Have-no-hair-a's and Creed clones.

6. File Sharing   -   #106
    hopfully enough new member read this post.
    REMBER THIS, ONE TACTIC THE RIAA IS TRYING IS TO SCARE YOU BY STOPPING TO SHARE. THEN ONE BY ONE STOP SHARING AND EVENTUALLY WE WON'T FIND ANY SOURCES TO DL. KEEP DEFAULT SETTINGS AS IS. AND FOLLOW THE ORIGINAL TIPS POSTED BY PAUL.

7. File Sharing   -   #107
    Poster
    Their bully boy tactics and mass media attention is having an opposite affect as has been said before.
    The more people are told not to do something the more people will rebel

It's what's called Human Nature !

P2P will only get bigger with all the attention it's getting !
    So fill up those hard drives and SHARE B)

8. File Sharing   -   #108
    Um wasn't there 10 reasons before...?

9. File Sharing   -   #109
    all i can say is fu** the RIAA and all thier fake files on our kazaa lite! all these decent new songs are all chopped up and blank and fuzzed out... thier plan is stupid, its not making me stop downloading and sharing decent files, its just making me waste time... i always play the file in another mp3 player when it is half downloaded just to see if its right, last year i downloaded many Mp3's without a hassle.. in the last month i keep getting all these fake bullsh** songs, just makes thier music sound stupid and cheap.. why should i go and buy an entire album at $15 - $20 bux when all i want is one or two songs off it? you may be sick of reading this kinda message but its just true.. i ay we just keep sharing as usual, they cant do much, looking at my kazaa now there are 2,988,325 users online so i doubt that the RIAA will be able to do anything has anyone actually been caught by the RIAA coz im willing to bet most of the stories of people being caught are false, they are just tranna scare all you people..

10. File Sharing   -   #110
    I agree the risks are low, but the RIAA has installed their terror into many P2P sharers. The RIAA is suing 250 people that is less .0025% of all users. The users are all Kazaa only.(not Kazza Lite). Still damage has been down thru fear tactics.
    If you want to get back at the RIAA, spread the word, don't buy a CD or go to movie in November 2003. Lets shift the fear back to the RIAA.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast