Thread: what was the first movie ever with the word fuck in it

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    out of my DVD collection from the 30s till today it got me thinking

what movie was the first movie ever for someone to say Fuck in it?

I would have been very contraversal at the time Id have to say a movie from the late 60s nothing earlier anyone know?? google doesnt help

I guess the word Shit is another one to look at

I think John Wayne was the first to say curse words when *damm* was known to be pretty bad for that era

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Hard to say. I don't know either. Although if it was from 30's and 40's Id put my money on James Cagney as the one who first said it.

But if we really want to be accurate, Id bet that word was first uttered in a "B" movie rather than a well known one.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    One of the earliest mainstream Hollywood movies to use the word fuck was director Robert Altman's irreverent antiwar film, MASH, released in 1970 at the height of the Vietnam War. During the football game sequence about three-quarters of the way through the film, one of the MASH linemen says to an 8063rd offensive player, "All right, bud, your fuckin' head is coming right off." (Interestingly, the offending word was not bleeped out on a 1985 network television broadcast of the film at 3 AM).

try Looking up Fuck in Wiktionary next time.
    Last edited by fastplumb; 07-21-2007 at 11:42 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    trashtalk
    Pump is the winner. At least commercial release MASH was the first to say the word fuck.

I meant fastplumb is the winner. Don't need to look up fuck. Fornicating Under Carnal Knowledge. F.U.C.K. and M.A.S.H are very similar words it turns out.
    Last edited by trashtalk; 06-19-2011 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fastplumb View Post
    One of the earliest mainstream Hollywood movies to use the word fuck was director Robert Altman's irreverent antiwar film, MASH, released in 1970 at the height of the Vietnam War. During the football game sequence about three-quarters of the way through the film, one of the MASH linemen says to an 8063rd offensive player, "All right, bud, your fuckin' head is coming right off." (Interestingly, the offending word was not bleeped out on a 1985 network television broadcast of the film at 3 AM).

try Looking up Fuck in Wiktionary next time.
    The first person I heard utter "fuck" in a movie was none other than Barbra Streisand in "The Owl and the Pussycat" (1970). I don't know which film was released first, however, this one or M*A*S*H? It's the scene where Barbra is walking on the street with George Segal and a car slows down next to her and the occupants start jeering at her. Babs then tells them to, "Fuck off!" I clutched my pearls in bemused shock. But is that really the first? I expect that some earlier film would have that distinction. But maybe not. At any rate, these two films must have opened the floodgates for the dreaded "F-bomb," because nowadays very few, if any, films don't contain the word at least once.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    rasputin1963
    Some other website specifies the 1968 movie PETULIA, starring George C. Scott and Julie Christie as being the first to contain an utterance of the F-Bomb. Hmm.. I haven't seen that in aeons and must re-watch it.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7