Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a comp, need your suggestions.

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by camelfilters View Post
    won't be useful but i have the money and she'll probably want two drives. Why? i don't know why but it'll keep me from buying 4 more packs of cigarettes in the future.
    Voodoo economics in a nutshell.

The Gipper would be sooo proud.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by camelfilters View Post

won't be useful but i have the money and she'll probably want two drives. Why? i don't know why but it'll keep me from buying 4 more packs of cigarettes in the future.
    Speaking of cigarettes... Your Camel signature image is too tall for the board rules.

You can read them here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    Why do you insist on keeping the DVD ROM drive? Listen to lynx. IT WON'T BE USEFUL!
    Actually, I understand the thinking but the underlying rationale is no longer valid, IMO.
    I used to recommend dual opticals, thinking that the majority of use would fall on the less expensive ROM, saving the expensive RW drive for when it was really needed.
    These days however, DVD-RWs are so cheap that I consider them disposable and it's not worth cluttering up a build to spare them wear and tear.
    I've also seen those inexpensive DVD burners do an awesome amount of work. One guy that I built his PC burned over 1,800 DVDs with the same $30 LG burner!

The thing is still going!
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 07-18-2007 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12