Thread: Playing Games On A Huge Screen Tv (150cm))

Poster
    I got a Dreamcast and around 200 games for about $30 from a friend awhile ago. However, I can only play it on one TV, a 150cm LG Flatron on my entertainment system...I think the DC is NTSC and all my other TV's are PAL (the 150cm is multisystem), while my video machines are NTSC, none of them can handle the system on RF or RCA mode, and I'm pissed off, cuz I spent around $10 buying an RF cable off Ebay which doesn't make any difference to the reception whatsoever so I'm playing with crappy sound and a Black And White picture on my TV and the other one.

Anyway, should I try sell the DC or play it on the 150cm TV? I've noticed that because the resolution is so high, it's easier to notice rough-edges and flaws in the games graphics...What you think? Should I carry on playing on the 150cm multisystem TV, or give it a rest? I have my XBox and PS2 hooked up to the TV in my room, but the DC and TV will be in a totally different room to mine.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    Video games can permanently burn images into your TV screen if you have a rear projection TV. they can be safe if the images are always moving. if you leave a image that does not move on your screen (example pause a game and leave it). that image will be burned into it ,and you will always see a shadow of that image, even when watching TV.

If your going to do it on a rear projection TV just make sure the screen is always changing and never stays still

3. Games   -   #3
    Jayhawk
    yeah thats no good.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    How long is a long time? An hour, five hours or like five minutes?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Games   -   #5
    always moving mean always moving.....i would not chance messing up an expensive TV...i would not let it stay still for more than a min just in case

6. Games   -   #6
    what about turning it off when you pause the game.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Yes, it was the same scenario as with those old VGA monitors .

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by kildred11@22 June 2003 - 17:27
    what about turning it off when you pause the game.
    Yes that sounds like it would work