Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Cd Iso's

This may be a silly question but does anyone share music iso's for people who want a perfect copy of the cd and if so does anyone know where to get them from i know its a silly question

2. Music   -   #2
    Damn! I wish I had your ears! Man you must be super human if you can tell the difference between 128kbps mps and CD adio! Why the hell not just download 45 megs of mp3 and get the full album? Or if you want a perfect copy of a album BUY IT! Like I said, mr superhuman man, how can you tell the difference?

P.S. Can you hear my sarcasm?

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by GimpyDoodlyDoo@21 June 2003 - 05:46
    Damn! I wish I had your ears! Man you must be super human if you can tell the difference between 128kbps mps and CD adio!       Why the hell not just download 45 megs of mp3 and get the full album? Or if you want a perfect copy of a album BUY IT! Like I said, mr superhuman man, how can you tell the difference?
    Well GimpyDoodlyDoo,
    if you talk about 128 I can tell the difference for sure, above all in the lower & higher frequency ranges.
    It is different when comparing 320 and Audio CD, but 128 and also 192 are still poor qualities compared with CDs

If you're used to compare using your PC Cd player/burner it is most likely true that you can't hear a big difference, but if you use a Hi-Fi the difference shows up clear.

Hope this helps & have a nice day

P.S. Can you hear my sarcasm? 
    ....very well trained musician's ears here...

4. Music   -   #4
    BANNED
    It is different when comparing 320 and Audio CD, but 128 and also 192 are still poor qualities compared with CDs 
    ok your trying to tell me 192 is a poor quality u are joking

128 maybe yeah

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by adthomp@21 June 2003 - 09:20
    ok your trying to tell me 192 is a poor quality u are joking

128 maybe yeah
    Ciao adthomp

No, I'm not joking and I didn't say 192 is absolute poor quality: I said it is still poor compared with CDs.

IMHO, 192 is the best "quality/file size" compromise: higher compressions lower quality and lower compressions increase the file size.
    But again, 192 is NOT as good as CD quality. ...only 320 can compete and 128 is definitely poor.

Please note : IMHO B)

Have a nice day !

6. Music   -   #6
    BANNED
    yes 320 is near CD quality honestly I cant tell the difference bwteen 192 and 320 also I think its just a waist of tim e and room on my HD

7. Music   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by adthomp@21 June 2003 - 09:43
    yes 320 is near CD quality honestly I cant tell the difference bwteen 192 and 320 also I think its just a waist of tim e and room on my HD
    I agree that it is not wise using 320 because it occupies way too much space.
    If you can't ear difference between 192 and 320 it is probably due to the hardware you use when listening to music, but you can try a simple test by ripping & burning a couple songs that you know very well in both 192 and 320 and then listen to them through the "phone" output of a Hi-Fi stand-alone MP3 enabled Cd or DVD player...
    Hi-Fi circuits are very different and the performance is far better than the one you can obtain form the best CD/DVD player on a PC...

If you need to know what I talk about, that works for sure

Have a nice weekend !

8. Music   -   #8
    Hey MDB/nightcrawler - I don't think it's a stupid question. Some people have got better hearing than others, just like some people have more acute eyesight. And if you work in music, if you're a sound engineer, or if you're blind, then of course you're going to develop your hearing even more. No probs...

9. Music   -   #9
    BANNED
    Maybe its becasue IO have a $10 pirce of shit speakers coz I cant tell any differnece though them yet when its burned and I paly it on a good stero I can tell the difference

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by dfhsfgjdgjdg@21 June 2003 - 09:56
    Hey MDB - I don't think it's a stupid question. Some people have got better hearing than others, just like some people have more acute eyesight. And if you work in music, if you're a sound engineer, or if you're blind, then of course you're going to develop your hearing even more. No probs...
    Fully agreed dfhsfgjdgjdg, but believe me, using the proper player the difference between 192 & 320 is cristal clear also for normal and not trained people.
    Don't forget that CD/DVD players & burners installed on PCs were born for data, not for music, and they cannot perform like Hi-Fi devices because of their deep differences in circuits and components.
    I could surely explain it better in Italian, sorry...

Take care !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast