Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a bad movie ?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Lots of things can make a movie bad:

Sequels (The first Batman films)
    Remakes (The Ring)
    Insulting your audience's intelligence (The Core)
    Over-hyping (Snakes on a Plane)
    Adding "National Lampoon's" to the title (National Lampoon's *)

Films with Stan Lee cameos.

Any film that has this old coot in is instantly bad in my book. It all started off innocently enough but now, Stan Lee in the background as a postman or somesuch. Innocent stuff for the fans to notice.

But now he's taking over the films. In the Silver Surfer he can't even be bothered to be a character in the supposed film. He just comes on and starts shouting "I'm Stan Lee, bitch!".

I can appreciate that the guy is a legend but enough is enough, I imagine when he is dead (which can't be far off as the guy is like 100 or something) they will CGI him in (and there will go the last peice of real footage in these type of movies).

My solution to this menace is to give him his own film, he obviously wants it. Stan Lee vs His Creations. A three hour opus during which Stan Lee lays the smackdown on all the comic book characters he has ever created, ending in a duel with Frank Miller.
    Last edited by Cheese; 07-23-2007 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    You know, in the past I was able to deal with the bad parts.. crappy actors, bad storyline, horrible soundtrack. But when I saw 28 weeks later I was really miffed about how it was made. It just didn't flow well and I was left with a "thats it?" feeling. It was a good movie, but I think the director could have spent more time with it =/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12