Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ FAKE giveaways! ~

znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    There seems to be a lot of fake giveaways recently and I would like your opinion about that…
    A lot of new members have been offering amazing invites/accounts. There are however, serious doubts about that, since in most cases they have been searching themselves for such a rare invite recently…
    Of course they never announce the winner and they close the thread in order to not let anyone ask about who the winners were…

Just a few examles of recent fake giveaways:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...iveaway-200704
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-s-away-201370
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...giveway-197239
    If you can remember more plz post them here.

Why do you think they are doing this?
    -To become famous here?
    -To ridicule FST members that are asking for such an invite?
    -To use others' ratio screenshots as their own in order to scam people afterwards?
    -To earn rep. points?

And finally what should be done about it?
    I think that everyone giving away invites should be obliged to announce the winners, or let the winners post that they have taken the invite.
    Of course, anyone found to have double accounts here, and “giving away” the invite to himself for show-off should be banned.

These people may not scam someone off of his account, but they are certainly playing with the desire of many people here to get a rare invite…
    Let's see what you think about all this.
    Last edited by znik; 07-03-2007 at 10:25 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I totally agree, I have taken part in 2 giveaways, and 1 still hasnt announced a winner which was 5 days ago when he posted it and he would announce the winner 1 day after the post...

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    skazany91's Avatar yee, meybe BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I think that everyone giving away invites should be obliged to announce the winners, or let the winners post that they have taken the invite.
    Of course, anyone found to have double accounts here, and “giving away” the invite to himself for show-off should be banned.
    GOOD IDEA !!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    too much FTN

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    hangemhigh's Avatar semi retired BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I posted in the second example and never received anything.
    I think they collect ratio proofs to scam at other boards or
    under different names.
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=146759&dateline=1186088996

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    they should be warned
    and if they do it again i think they have to banned

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Omara's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    fake givaway's , and fake trade's also very bad

such like when u offer something , u find someone reply u that he agree , but need ................

u do , he demand other , u do , he demand other .........................................

then , at least , tell u : "sorry , i found better offer '

very bad situation realy , it happened to me here , and i searched for the topics of this guy , i found that they all seem to be fake giveaway's also , and he's not serious at any offer he do , i don't know realy what can we do with this people who fake us , and make us loose our time with out any reason , or any hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    why even warn them?
    I'm sure everyone realizes that a fake giveaway should not be created even as a joke...
    it isn't funny and anyways they probably aren't doing it for laughs but rather to get other people's ratio shots

I say ban them after their first fake giveaway unless its an accident like their ratio dropped and their invites were taken and they didnt realize it

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Ahhh retards stealing my glory.

On topic, Ill be talking to staff about members who do create hoax giveaways. And will be discussing consequences..

eee

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    SalsaMan's Avatar vamos a bailar! BT Rep: +2
    It's annoying mostly, I think I can spot the fake ones after reading a couple pages of posts.

Ban 'em I say also after a couple of these fakes, I hate wasting time reading crap.

But as far as the idea that they are just trying to collect ratio screenshots, I don't buy it. It's too easy to find plenty of ratios just by clicking on people's signatures. I'm guessing the fakers are just losers who want a bit of attention, makes 'em feel special. Or hoping to scam an invite or two. Lame.
    Last edited by SalsaMan; 07-03-2007 at 10:48 PM. Reason: clarification
    mental note: get better sig

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast