Thread: Samsung Digimax S500 VS. Nikon Coolpix L11

Hello,

Im in the market for a new digital camera,
    I have a Samsung Digimax A402 now, and it has been great, except for the fact that i cant record movies with sound and play them back on the camera with the sound, but i want something better.

Since my Samsung camera has been great, im considering the Digimax S500 after playing with it a little bit at Meijer, it was pretty good, but i didnt get to test it much.

I'm also considering a Nikon Coolpix L11 or L10, my brother has the L11 and it takes GREAT pictures, however it does not seem very durable, and the pictures seem dark.

The thing for me is shutter speed, im no photographer, but i like to take candid photos of people falling in pools and whatnot, so i dont feel like waiting around to take the picture.
    The other thing I didnt like about the Digimax a402 i have now is when i turn the flash off taking a picture is basically impossible without getting it blurry.

What do you think about the Digimax S500?
    They are both $119.99 at the moment so either one, but im kinda leaning towards the samsung.
    Does anyone know of any good sites to trade in my old camera/accessories for a reasonable amount?

Any thoughts?

Tanner.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner31593 View Post
    Hello,

Im in the market for a new digital camera,
    I have a Samsung Digimax A402 now, and it has been great, except for the fact that i cant record movies with sound and play them back on the camera with the sound, but i want something better.

Since my Samsung camera has been great, im considering the Digimax S500 after playing with it a little bit at Meijer, it was pretty good, but i didnt get to test it much.

I'm also considering a Nikon Coolpix L11 or L10, my brother has the L11 and it takes GREAT pictures, however it does not seem very durable, and the pictures seem dark.

The thing for me is shutter speed, im no photographer, but i like to take candid photos of people falling in pools and whatnot, so i dont feel like waiting around to take the picture.
    The other thing I didnt like about the Digimax a402 i have now is when i turn the flash off taking a picture is basically impossible without getting it blurry.

What do you think about the Digimax S500?
    They are both $119.99 at the moment so either one, but im kinda leaning towards the samsung.
    Does anyone know of any good sites to trade in my old camera/accessories for a reasonable amount?

Any thoughts?

Tanner.
    What you need is an accomplice who will push the unsuspecting victims, into the pool, while you snap them...
    Last edited by thewizeard; 07-23-2007 at 07:02 AM.