Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Ratings Should Be Redone

BANNED BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The tracker ratings should be redone. Why? People view it, go straight to level 10, and think, I must get in them! I will sell my soul for a level 10 invite! It's pretty deceptive, and then for trading, people trade based on rarity vs quality. I'm proposing that the ratings list is redone and that it is a MIX of the 2 ratings listed, rarity + content/speed/pre/etc.

Discuss.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Been discussed to death, really.

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Mano_Man's Avatar Fear Comes Now BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think trackers must be orderd according to its content and speed and rarity as well

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mano_Man View Post
    i think trackers must be orderd according to its content and speed and rarity as well
    Why? So that members will start believing that SCT and TL are equal?

The system is primarily about rarity. It's like anything else - supply and demand.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mano_Man View Post
    Why? So that members will start believing that SCT and TL are equal?

The system is primarily about rarity. It's like anything else - supply and demand.
    Let's look at supply and demand shall we.
    Let's think of FTN as like a PS3 during launch. Everyone wanted it, it was way overrated, and then everyone saw how badly it sucked. Thankfully, with the PS3, after people realized it sucked, no one cared about it anymore. FTN sucks, but because of a silly thread, it is hyped up, and people think it is uber.

And Skizo, I said to factor in rarity. So SCT/TL both a 10 on content and bla bla, factor in rarity we will put TL at 7 and SCT at 10, deal?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ftn doesn't suck at all so what you just said doesn't mean much.Why don't you just take what you know and use it who cares what the ratings say.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What little credibility you had, just went out the window when you said FTN sucked.

Care to back that up with reason?

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    What little credibility you had, just went out the window when you said FTN sucked.

Care to back that up with reason?
    Okay, FTN doesn't suck per say, but I expected it to be much, much better. It's a barren wasteland in terms of leechers, speed isn't great, however they do seem to get everything content wise.

BTW, people will continue to discuss the ratings to death because a lot of people feel it needs to be changed. It is currently deceptive.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    It isn't binding though,it's not the law it's someones opinion and you know what they say about opinions.Well goodnight guys.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    how about killing the tracker ratings completely. thats a better idea.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast