Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a R5 Release Date List?

jdhoskins
    Does anybody know of a site that has dates of when R5 movies are being released?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    how can you know in advance?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhoskins View Post
    Does anybody know of a site that has dates of when R5 movies are being released?

NO only the gods of mVs & PUKKA have an idea of there release dates.

I check http://www.vcdquality.com/index.php every day for new release.

R5 refers to a specific format of DVD released in the former Soviet Union, which is in DVD Region 5, and bootlegged copies of these releases that are distributed on the Internet. In an effort to compete with movie piracy, the movie industry chose to create a new format for DVD releases that could be produced more quickly and less expensively than traditional DVD releases. R5 releases differ from normal releases in that they are usually a direct Telecine transfer of the film without any of the image processing common on DVD releases, and without any special features. This allows the film to be released for sale at the same time that DVD Screeners are released. Since DVD Screeners are the chief source of high-quality pre-DVD release pirated movies, this allows the movie studios to beat the pirates to market.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I thought r5's were made by the studios to counter piracy in russia. it should be possible to find out the date of them if they are official but i have no idea where to look.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    I'm sure it just a case of when the pirates get there hands on something new they bag it out ASAP.......
    I dought the studios will announce the dates of there DVD screeners there more likely to send them out when there ready.
    It a big game of cat & mouse between the studios & the Pirates.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    haha fastplumb, you say NO, only "elite sceners' can know the rls date and then you compare r5's to dvdscr's. You really should read the part you quoted about R5's ........

Anyway by translating this page: http://www.totaldvd.ru/post/20169/
    with http://babelfish.altavista.com/ (Russian to English ofc) you can get your r5 release dates

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    fastplumb's Avatar D'rip
    ok i stand corrected!
    forget what i said b4

8. Newsgroups   -   #8

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Johnneke's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Thanks, these links are helpfull, I to was interested in up to date release dates

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I have to say that plonut site is damned cool, so kudos for sharing that link !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast