Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: uTorrent v. Azureus

I read on the torrentleech FAQ that you should use either Azureus or uTorrent . I have been using Azureus for a while, and its fine. But which one is considered better?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    RTFM's Avatar <? print "BCC"; ?> BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    For me, uTorrent is better because it has all of the features of Azureus (at least all of the ones I used), and because it isn't as much of a resource hog as Azureus (Java...).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    agreed ^

azureus seems to use much more memory than utorrent. they're pretty much the same otherwise.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    matter of preference I guess....I've used both but stuck with Azureus mainly.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chrys's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I preffer uTorrent !

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    They both do the same thing, but uTorrent is more 'lightweight' - it uses less resources and therefore enables your computer to run faster than if you were using Azureus.

So if you were looking at it from that perspective uTorrent is the better client.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    i tried to used utorrent first but got a problem regarding internet speed. Everytime i used utorrent in our office the internet connection of my boss and my co worker are become slow. I almost got fired..... that's why i changed to Azurues. But i think i just missed some configuration on Utorrent.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iGene View Post
    I read on the torrentleech FAQ that you should use either Azureus or uTorrent . I have been using Azureus for a while, and its fine. But which one is considered better?
    Azureus can do more things than uTorrent (including support for plugins), but it's just a matter of personal preference - try both.

As for myself... Azureus. But I'm biased.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    thx, i've gotten both to see which is better. Also, is there a way to transfer your torrents from one client to antoher? I have many files uploading on azureus, but i decided to switch to uTorrent, but i also don't want to not be able to seed those files, any suggestions?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iGene View Post
    thx, i've gotten both to see which is better. Also, is there a way to transfer your torrents from one client to antoher? I have many files uploading on azureus, but i decided to switch to uTorrent, but i also don't want to not be able to seed those files, any suggestions?
    You can export the torrent files from the downloads from Azureus (Advanced > Export) menu - I don't know if there's any easy way to get µTorrent to find the files you're after (without specifying the path manually).

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast