Thread: Why Can't I Play Movies?

so i recently downloaded the full codec pack and all that shit, and i downloaded "charlie's angels : full throttle (Divx) - Full" the file is about 217Mb and the artist is TeCHno..

now heres the problem, whenever i try to watch the avi it doesn't play, like it starts playing and the i cxan see seconds ticking by, but theres no sound and no picture, i've tried opening it in kazaa, bsplayer, windows media player, and realoneplayer, but the same thing always happens....

is this because something on my computer is set up wrong, or is it just because my computer is an effing doinosaur.. or is the file just fucked up?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    Install the video lan player.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    thanx

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    i have the same prob as posted here i have used video lan and its still a black screen

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    yeah, see i downloaded videolan,. only when i open the file, no black screen no nothin' it just sits there, and if i press the play button and leave my mouse cursor over it, it jumps back and forth between my normal cursor and my busy cursor, then stops after awhile, but it still doesn't play the effing movie....

wtf?

this causes me to yet again ask the question, is this because i have something set up wrong, or is my computer just to old?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    i doubt that its ur pc, mine is fairly brand new, and like i said before Bruce Almighty worked before i formatted my pc. I am using the exact same stuff i used before, oh well thats the world of MICROSOFT for yer lol

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    oh yeah, and this may or may not help but,

when i run g-spot it tells me that i don't need any codecs to play the movie...

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    Yeah now i know what it is i ran it and no codec were needed for any of the 2 movies.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    Right well i dunno what just happened but Bruce Almighty is working, however all three LOTR 2 towers aint So i deleted them all!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    you want to know why you cant play it?

Because it's a fake!

"charlie's angels : full throttle (Divx) - Full" is not out, kazaa is the last place to find new movies.
    And 217mb for a full movie is a fake unless it's tmd cam crap, expect around 700mb for a full movie and 1.4 gb or more for an svcd version of it.

First Check out http://www.vcdquality.com this is were news of new realeases makes it first, if it's not there then 99.9% chance it's not out.

one thing i have to say is dont make a thread about people making fakes as there is enough around already.

When you want real movies not fakes use the verefied hashes in the forum or at this site http://www.fasttrackmovies.com.

If you want the movies alot quicker dont use kazaa, use bittorent or emule,for more info about bittorent go to the pinned topic under Other Related P2P Program Discussions here