Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading and/or trading???

TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Reading these threads has made me take a closer look at many FST members, and their motivations.

I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of FST members. Those that are genuine, and those that are not.

Invite trading is standard fare on this board, and most do it. The few that don't just give them away. This thread is NOT about invite trading.

What this thread is actually about, is account trading.

Is it right or is it wrong? This depends on the nature of the trade. I have noticed two types of trader on this board.

The one-off trader

This person has an account that they no longer need. They were probably a good member of the donor community, but have moved on, or found something else more to their liking.

Basically, this person now has an account that they no longer need, and rather than let it die, with it's buffer, wish for someone else to benefit from that account.

They will probably use that account as collateral for something they currently do not have.

This person has a genuine interest in releasing an old account and acquiring a new account, so that they can savour the wares.

The wheeler dealer trader

This is a person who's entire life seems to revolve around perpetual trading. They will acquire an account simply to use it for a further trade. They have no interest in the content of the trade, only that they have the trade.

Sometimes, these wheeler dealers will trade something they don't have, just to keep their names on the tips of everyone's tounges.

These people I understand the least. Most of us are here to fileshare, or to further our filesharing by acquiring new sources. For the wheeler dealer, filesharing takes a distant second place to account trading.

These people do filesharing more harm than good, trading indescriminately, without thought to the people who actually care.

The second type, wheeler dealer, is on the increase within these forums. Only recently, I have read several threads all started by one single member, offering accounts with buffers for trade. I wonder if the accounts actually exist. Also the winners of these so called giveaways (trades?) are unknowns on this forum.

I don't say this lightly. When reading threads here, you get to know who the contributors are (fstrulz, skizo, JA, saulin, frize etc. etc. etc.). Even if you have never seen a name before, you can still see their stats, such as join date and how many posts they have made. Strange then that a lot of giveaway winners are n00bs who have joined within the last few days of the giveaway.

There are a lot of genuine members here, who offer invites and accounts without malice, yet there is a growing trend among the few to be deceitful to their peers.

Personally, the wheeler dealer account trader is a waste of space, and they are taking up valuable accounts that genuine member would put to better use. Also, they are profiteering from account trading, in an environment where we are supposed to share for free.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    ive allways say invites are meant to be given and i got a acc once and i felt funny using it dunno why ...also you bring alot of good observations
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Aaaagh !! The Ehics of a Torrents Trader In a Nutshell.
    I don't think U can "pin" me Down on any "Category", I think I fall into all of them.

But , hey, good job on the Research Paper, I will give U a "A" + for the Observation. Bravo
    Last edited by Enlightened; 07-25-2007 at 11:31 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Brilliant and well articulated observation . I have to agree with you on almost everything you have written. I have been thinking this for the past few months, but finally someone has put it all together into a neat little memo.

It's sad that these "wheeler dealers" have come to dominate this board. I come here every day and see the same old threads posted by many different users.

And now there is a new trend. The obnoxious multiple threads for 1 trade. A user will make 3 or 4 threads just to advertise their trade.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Well to be honest it turns my stomach how some of the folks in here act. I cant understand how they can screw someone over to get a tracker. If you cant get it with being legit then what good is it. I have seen some people do the shadiest things and then the next week walk away with a high level tracker account or invite with no problem. I am baffled.

I came here to learn about more trackers, in that time there is two I wanted to go for, one I realized I did not want anymore after reading in the WIAW and the other I will still try for and hope. It is very hard to want to take part with so many people who are what I would call scum lurking around, some are not so obvious about it while others are blatantly full of it and they still get things they need only to trade it ...... Hopefully one day I will earn my spot I want and be able to use the board for other things than having to wade through the obvious bs posts in the invite section.

I realize my chances are slim now on getting what I want but I wont give up, I am a good user and I will be able to prove it one day on that tracker.
    Last edited by DohMein; 07-25-2007 at 11:38 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    You forgot type 3: This type of guy has a massive amount of spare time and only tends to write gigantic threads to talk about ethics in an un-ethical activity forum

j/k the truth is that I have to agree with you, it's true that there are people that just turn trading into some kind of sick hobby, and that doesn't benefit the bittorrent private community at all
    Last edited by Ultramorpg; 07-25-2007 at 11:41 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Enlightened's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by DohMein View Post
    Well to be honest it turns my stomach how some of the folks in here act. I cant understand how they can screw someone over to get a tracker. If you cant get it with being legit then what good is it. I have seen some people do the shadiest things and then the next week walk away with a high level tracker account or invite with no problem. I am baffled.

I came here to learn about more trackers, in that time there is two I wanted to go for, one I realized I did not want anymore after reading in the WIAW and the other I will still try for and hope. It is very hard to want to take part with so many people who are what I would call scum lurking around, some are not so obvious about it while others are blatantly full of it and they still get things they need only to trade it ...... Hopefully one day I will earn my spot I want and be able to use the board for other things than having to wade through the obvious bs posts in the invite section.

There is really a "Dichotomy" [ hope I spelled it right]
    First, U have the WIAW in the stickty - Isn't that like a "Benchmark" for Trading?
    And FST, is a Breding Ground for MOST Traders....... shit, I learnt all my Trading "Techniques" here @ FST

So, i think there should be a Balance betewen "Traders" and " Givers"
    And ATM, The Invite Section has not "achieve" that yet.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Dividing world on just two parts: black and white is instantly wrong. Though I agree with two categories that you mentioned: one-off trader and wheeler dealer, but to lock the options on these two only will be a lie. Why do this, go ahead and write a review on other 8-10 categories. By eliminating the others you can just create the situation we against them. I agree with the thoughts about these two groups and main idea is good, but requires further development. Also it's posted in wrong section I guess, recommend 1 up
    TCS Byatch in training

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Very well spoken essay.

Sometimes, these wheeler dealers will trade something they don't have, just to keep their names on the tips of everyone's tounges.
    Proud Member of:

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    I don't say this lightly. When reading threads here, you get to know who the contributors are (fstrulz, skizo, JA, saulin, frize etc. etc. etc.). Even if you have never seen a name before, you can still see their stats, such as join date and how many posts they have made. Strange then that a lot of giveaway winners are n00bs who have joined within the last few days of the giveaway.
    $#!+ I'm one of the top contributors.

Well the main reason I giveaway invites/accounts is to help new members here in FST, that's why my main priority is always the n00bs. It obviously wouldn't make sense if I give my invites/accounts away to regular or veteran FST members who already have everything... The biggest giveaway I've done so far was the
    SCN 300GB Account Giveaway, which I ended up giving to napster5, simply because he had the best ratio proofs.

Also, the Invites section isn't only about account trading... It's a combination of free giveaways and accounts and invites trading - and if you take one of those 3 away, I think this section wouldn't be as active and productive as it is right now.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast