Thread: Inside the surge

Video footage of life in Iraq with American troops, the video is in 2 parts. Both are interesting in their own ways
    Part1
    Part 2

Seems to me like being an infantry soldier in Iraq mostly consists of having to do fairly nasty things to the general populace on a daily basis, which must suck for all involved.
    The difficulties that complete non-comprehension of local language throw up are also interesting, apart from just completely misunderstanding the guy at the end of the second video, it also makes the troops stand-offish and seemingly arrogant as they have no choice but to generally ignore what the local people are trying to tell them.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    Video footage of life in Iraq with American troops, the video is in 2 parts. Both are interesting in their own ways
    Part1
    Part 2

Seems to me like being an infantry soldier in Iraq mostly consists of having to do fairly nasty things to the general populace on a daily basis, which must suck for all involved.
    The difficulties that complete non-comprehension of local language throw up are also interesting, apart from just completely misunderstanding the guy at the end of the second video, it also makes the troops stand-offish and seemingly arrogant as they have no choice but to generally ignore what the local people are trying to tell them.
    They Coalition forces are fighting a war that they will not win. Offhand I can not think of any occupying force that has not been eventually defeated. It is just a process of turning young men into old men, or dead men, before their time. It is a sad situation. I can find no justification in the occupation of Iraq.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.