Only In the UK - Believe it or not Only In the UK - Believe it or not 3 people die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue. 142 people were injured not removing all pins from new shirts. 58 were injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers. 31 people have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in. 19 people have died in the last 3 years believing that Christmas decorations were chocolate. Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after Xmas cracker-pulling accidents. 18 people had serious burns in trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth. A massive people Scots were admitted to A&E in the last two years after trying to open bottles of beer with their teeth. 5 people were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control Scalextric cars. 2000 people Scots were admitted to hospital with fractured skulls incurred whilst throwing up into the toilet.