Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: BitMeTV Vs. The State of Israel

direstraits's Avatar Out ta get me BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    @Tralala, I have nothing against Israel its people. I'm saying that this discussion has no plot.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    bitmetv staff is the worst
    even more then oink :|
    fu*ck'em

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    bitmetv staff is the worst
    even more then oink :|
    fu*ck'em

Very Fu*king True

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    optimus_prime's Avatar Guardian BT Rep: +2
    yeah, i never understood why oinkers always get the "worst staff" oscar on fst, they are angels compared to bitmetv bunch.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Never had any run ins w/ oink staff but i must say the Bitmetv bunch were good to me.. I was invited by a cheater, still have an account. I inivted someone from FST "cheater", talked w/ am admin there..Still got my account...I guess talking in a calm rational way helps a lot and not acting like a dumabass.......

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    BANNED
    phren, I guess such things are random on bitmetv , or you were very lucky. I'm pretty sure that if the things you've mentioned are heard by a wrong mod, you will say bye bye to your bitmetv account , and even a payment for reinstation won't be offered in this case , though it is offered on a regular basis for enabling poor ratio accounts . Again I'm wondering where does the money go, considering their poor and luggy server .

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    mievmo since when israel have 10Mb connection???
    for what I know 8Mb is the most, could it be I didn't hear anything about it?
    or is it a private srever you'he got there?
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 07-28-2007 at 12:13 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    BANNED
    here is my speed record, made in israeli university though
    http://xs217.xs.to/xs217/07306/TLlshpng.png

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    The decision to ban most ranges from Israeli ISP's wasn't an easy one but in the end it had to be done and bitmetv doesn't regret it. Over 90% of the cheats that were caught were from israel (at that time) and as its a manual process it was taking way too much of the staffs time. Users from israel who proved they were innocent i.e. could have others vouch for them on other trackers or had a good standing in the community were let thru the ban - most got a static IP while a few who weren't able to were asked to come into irc everytime their IP changed (every couple of weeks) and the range ban was adjusted.
    Once this had been done to trusted members the opportunity was given to others if they could get a static IP. This didn't work out too well coz most of these others started cheating again (100+) - bitmetv then started asking for a small donation hoping that this would keep the real cheaters out and only those who took their account seriously would consider it. This only lasted a couple of days as bitmetv was accused for trying to make money out of the whole israel incident.

As for the "poor and luggy server" comment - jus read thru the announcement forum and you'll see that new servers have been bought and bitmetv has changed hosts. There were a couple of teething problems initially with the server and the new host. Currently the site lags a bit from time to time as more improvements are made to the code as well as from the occasional DDOS.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    It had reached 100+ israel cheats a day. We put up with it for 6 months. So thats 100 x 30 days x 6 months that makes 18 000 cheaters We had no choice and the MAIN reason was not that it was israel. It was that that all the ip's were dynamic, so they would sign up AGAIN the next day and do it all again. We do have quite a few .il users still Those users took the trouble and time to get a static ip so we could allow them through and as for this
    Quote Originally Posted by fatma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfaller View Post
    but how to get my ip unbanned i think it's so difficult but if anyone know a way other than using a proxy plz tell me.
    I already told, they unban for money . You need to talk to right mod, if you have some spare bucks
    Thats the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. WE DO NOT unban for money.
    Last edited by ibslice; 07-30-2007 at 01:40 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast