Thread: Question regarding pianosheets.org

Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Does anyone know what's going on in the tracker ?
    i've been trying to get an invite/user/register for about a month,
    and the registration are closed, nowbody at the IRC channel, and I don't know anybody who is a member.
    does anyone have membership and can spread some light about the content, registration policy and such.
    thanks...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    mhm.. my friend is member of this tracker... he said that tracker is not bad but it isn't very good.. there are not many users and many torrents on this tracker.. Content is music.. they have own releases.. no one can get invite in this tracker now and registration is closed a long time ago.. the users limit i heard is reached.. but staff think that soon they increase limit of users and open registration for some time.. i don't know much about this tracker but this all what i know.. i hope this help you..

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Great, thanks...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    KevinGarnet's Avatar Filesharing lover BT Rep: +3
    by the way i saw this tracker and asked more information about it to my friend.. he said that their pre times are not really good.. also speed isn't very high.. but he said that this tracker only one have torrents about piano content.. i really don't know what this content is about but my friend said that it is interesting.. today i saw that this tracker has about 2500 torrents.. this is more information about this tracker..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The scene doesn't really release piano sheet music, so pretimes don't have that much of an effect, not when most other trackers (except Oink) don't have this content.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    n00brific :) BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    i like the site, some hard to find sheet music on there. great site really, but super slow.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    It's really an amazing site.. until the server breakdown like 2-3 months ago, where they just lost almost all of their data. They're beginning to come back up now, so just hold on tight.

I'd invite you, but their system is down.. I'd give you my account, but I need it.. =\

Be patient

-----------------------------------------
    INFO:

• Right now, they have 313 torrents right now.. the newest one was uploaded 2007-06-05
    • Anyone can upload, request, etc. However, they're trying to bring it back up, so no one can upload as of right now
    • Requests get filled relatively quickly.. Currently, members are exchanging sheets on forums.. People will upload requested sheets and mp3s to rapidshare or megaupload for one another.
    • Guitar, piano, violin, brass, wind sheets, with a dominant amount of piano
    • Classical, jazz, pop, rock, rags, and some electronic.. with classical and popular songs dominant
    • Sheets, MP3s, and guide books available
    • Since there is almost no money going in, it's hard for the 1 or 2 folks at top to manage the tracker

Here's a statement by a really good user:
    Well.........

....the person that owns this site "Hanzo" came back after a long absence proclaiming great things and giving the community some much needed hope. That was a few months ago now and he's disappeared again. I think that was the last straw for many, many users. He left our site without a way to upload new torrents and refuses to answer any PM's from anyone.

The situation now is that we have one Mod - Finland1983 - who is also very, very involved in OBOE DUCKY. He's doing his best to mod here at PIANOSHEETS as well but there isn't much going on that needs modding. But, thanks to the willingness of many great folks like Tsan, Typh, ZenTor, Sirmidi, Muppa, bangang, obegu, evangel501, marquez, jollipops, bodlera, rlefebvre, mahagony, & Antflash, we are sharing all sorts of great books, videos and sheets.

All you have to do is click on the MY SHEETS link at the top of any page in Pianosheets. This was the last good thing that Hanzo did for us before disappearing into the night again.

So don't give up on us! It's a great community still of sharing, helpful people. The only people that stay are the people who care about the community. That's not a bad thing after all!
    --------------------------------------------

In the mean time, I'd be more than happy to give you an invite to http://www.torrents.oboeducky.com/index.php
    Last edited by SpiderPig; 07-27-2007 at 10:44 PM.
    No Whining

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks a lot...
    You all been very helpful

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Hi, I was an avid user of pianosheets.org; my share ratio was 10+. I always helped with seeding. I have been trying to contact anyone managing the site... but it's been frustrating.

If it works again, can someone please send me an invite? Thanks!! I would love to be sharing more music, esp when my collection grows every year.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    the site works - it's been moved to gazelle code - site members that were active and didn't have a warning were sent an invite, PU + were all sent one - check your email for that (it says valid for 3 days but i was told it was set to 4 weeks) . If you didn't get one then log in to the old site and you will see what to do there