Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zapping A Computer

I dont know if this has been posted but this guy is f**king nuts... read this

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    I saw that in the news recently.

Unfortunately, this guy's proposal to destroy people's computers is stupid! A law in the USA is not always a law inthe UK, or anywhere else.

Before zapping a computer, who determines who is sharing copyright or public domain material?

What comes around, goes around! Trust me. A hacker (and there are plenty of them) will fight back, with a few ZAPS.

What comes around, goes around! The recording industry promised cheap priced music with the new invention called COMPACT DISK. Cheaper than the cassette tape. Yeah right. It costs more than that cassette. They've been ripping us off, now its our turn.

this whole idea doesn't sound good. It is sure to backfire.

I like the part where they bust that guy for a little JAVA script pirating, eh?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Gkraker04's Avatar Poster
    If I would have read the link I probably would know what you're talking about. But, I didn't. So, want to zapp who?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Gkraker04@24 June 2003 - 21:50
    If I would have read the link I probably would know what you're talking about. But, I didn't. So, want to zapp who?
    They want your computer to electrically explode and fry, if their secret (virus-like) software detects you using P2P.

Got it?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    WHAT?! F(_)CK THAT!!!!

6. Lounge   -   #6
    How would that be policed?yahoo messenger msn and probably quite a few other messengers have a file sharing option!will your comp blow up when you send a small vid or doc to a friend?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I dunno but this whole thing is gay. (the persons who want to implement this, not the board or its users )

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster

we live in a world of hackers so if some kind of virus like that comes out someone will find the way to destroy goverment pcs like pentagon or nasa thats why they r not goin to make a software/virus like that relax... P2P rules bittorrent rules !

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    read the end:

On Wednesday, Hatch came under attack for allegedly being a copyright pirate himself. His hatch.senate.gov Web site's menus use JavaScript code created by the U.K. company Milonic Solutions. Milonic Solutions charges between $35 and $900 for the right to obtain a license number for its JavaScript menu, but Hatch's site does not include a license number. Instead, this comment appears in the site's HTML code: "i am the license for the menu (duh)."

A Hatch representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    lol

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by silverccrow@25 June 2003 - 12:35

we live in a world of hackers so if some kind of virus like that comes out someone will find the way to destroy goverment pcs like pentagon or nasa thats why they r not goin to make a software/virus like that relax... P2P rules bittorrent rules !

You know how overclocking too far can cause a computer to burn up?
    That's excaty how they could do it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast