Thread: What is cPanel?

KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5

Question Mark

So i decide to rent a Vectoral server, and after hanging around between the offers, i stick with this:

Dedicated Servers:
    Quadectra (xxxxxx.vectoral.info)
    Operating System:
    Microsoft Windows 2003 Server - Enterprise Edition ($34.95 USD)
    Control Panel:
    cPanel ($39.95 USD)

Currently it's out of stock, but i think i am gonna wait for it, so meanwhile i wanted to ask what is the cPanel or DirectAdmin or Plesk 8.1 those appears in the Control Panel list?

Do i need them, or i can control my server easily through "Remote Desktop Connection", also there's three versions of windows OS there, which are "Enterprise Edition", "Standard Edition", "Web Edition", should i jump on the Enterprise Edition, or the Web Edition which is the cheapest can do it all?

Appreciate the help,
    FLiP all the way!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED
    Quadectra = $459.95 (99.95$ setup)
    are you a saudian king or something ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    LOL spending that amount of money may as well get all that you can. No you dont need cPanel if you are using this to torrent only, as for the os if you choose windows std is fine but then again its up to you. Google is your friend......... Enjoy the server.

PS: You can email vectoral, they will surely order that one for you once you pre pay....
    Last edited by DohMein; 07-30-2007 at 05:19 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by fatma View Post
    Quadectra = $459.95 (99.95$ setup)
    are you a saudian king or something ?
    No i am not, but i am pretty rich

Quote Originally Posted by DohMein View Post
    LOL spending that amount of money may as well get all that you can. No you dont need cPanel if you are using this to torrent only, as for the os if you choose windows std is fine but then again its up to you. Google is your friend......... Enjoy the server.

PS: You can email vectoral, they will surely order that one for you once you pre pay....
    Alright, so no need for any cPanel, but what about the OS, which one is better for bittorenting, u know D/U, coz i don't know what's the different between them.
    FLiP all the way!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ttetile's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    if you can pay $459.95 .. you should try for oday ftp sites.. lol

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED
    KSA , actually you can run your own (and pretty powerful) tracker on Quadectra .
    If you are serious, and if the only reason you wanna get Quadectra is a seedbox, then you really don't need this server for torrenting . It is much better to invest the 460 bucks in ... for example 3 Remaka , each of them is able to run uTorrent (you don't need 8 GBs of ram and Quad Core Xeon for that, and together you will get 4000GB*3=12000GB bandwidth; 500GB*3=1500GB hard drive space etc ,while with Quadectra you get for that money 5000GB BW+1000GB space only .
    btw, if you are reach, consider buying original stuff in order to support the original artists and makers

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    yeah man, buy the stuff if you have that much cash to spend!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    You think i am going to rent a server with this much of cost if i could buy the original stuff instead, the problem my country doesn't have a high internet connection, our net connection finally rised up to 4MB in 2007, and the upload is still crap, that's the reason i need to rent a server i can depend on, but maybe i just exaggerate it.

Ok, i am not going to choose, could some1 recommend me a server from Vectoral, something i can depend on, gaves me high upload speed with great b/w.

Thanks in advance.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    BANNED
    there are 3 servers available now , if 73 bucks for 1 month won't hurt you, go on Fluorescein for a 1 month test, and then decide - either you need something better or not .
    edit : though there is a 19.95$ setup...
    anyway, this server should be more than enough for an average+ torrenter
    Last edited by fatma; 07-30-2007 at 11:21 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thanks fatma 4 the advice,

I choose to go with Remaka, much better than Fluoresceinm but hey thanks anyway for the tip
    Also i still need to know which version of Windows OS i should select?

Thanks
    Last edited by KSA; 07-31-2007 at 08:47 AM.