Thread: Start Programmes From Command Line

Jonne's Avatar Poster
    Is there a way to start programmes in the command line, without typing the full path? You can type 'calc' for the calculator and stuff, but is there a way i can set my computer (win2K, btw) so it starts photoshop when i type 'photoshop' in the command line? Would a link in the 'system32' folder work or something?
    (well I'll try that, but if you happen to know just tell me , tnx...)

edit: well, i tried the link, and it works, so if you think you can use this, it works...
    You just have to create a link to photoshop.exe, or whatever prog you want to start from the command line, and paste it into c:\winnt\system32\ .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    or you could add the location of photoshop to the path
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    what do you mean by that? Do you mean i could also type c:\program files\adobe\etc... etc... ? That's just what I don't want to do...

btw: maybe a note to the developers of kazaa lite: add the ability to start kazaa through the command line, it can't be so hard, can it?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ObiWan@25 June 2003 - 20:49
    or you could add the location of photoshop to the path
    Add the directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop to the Enviroment Variables dialog by clicking the System icon in Control Panel, select "Advanced" and then the "Enviroment Variables" button, find the path and then edit the end of the statement line to include Adobe Photoshop directory. Photoshop can now be accessed via the Command Prompt (or MS-DOS).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    aha, i see. I'll just stick to the links though, it's less work, and i wanted some other programmes (kazaa, kanat, etc...) to start that way too, so adding all those directories is more work than simply adding a link. tnx anyway .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Run cmds mainly supposed to be used for hidden, usefull windows components and such