Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TL Seeds

Wilton331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I'm a N00b on TL and I am having extreme difficulty seeding. I read all the noob threads on how to do it when you are starting out and all of that but it just hasn't been working for me

I haven't downloaded one thing that I actually want, I just look through files hoping to find one with a decent seeder to leecher ratio so I can pump my ratio up but it never works. It seems like there is nothing left to seed!

Does anyone have any advice? I really like TL and I dont want to get kicked off for a bad ratio considering I havent even really downloaded anything yet.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    get a seedbox

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ...Totally not the advice I'm looking for. Thanks though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    you must find a new and popular torrent and download it . you will see that seeding in TL isnt so hard

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Seeding in TL is so easy, you can go to any public tracker, download a popular scene release in rar-form and then go seed it at TL. Depending on your upload capabilities, this will support your usual download activity in order to keep a reasonable ratio. If worst comes to worst, there's always the idea of jumping early on a torrent and downloading/seeding single files - that amounts to almost no download but can quickly get you a few GB's buffer.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I jumped on the StarTrek TNG seasons, usually had like 2-6 seeders and just as many, or more, leechers. Even after weeks, people were still starting it, and seeders were dropping off. Nice big torrents, and great for the ratio.

Partial seeding would work well there too.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ok I am currently trying to download off public trackers then seed it there. I currently have a cam of a movie downloading from a private tracker that is also on TL, after I finish it how do I seed it on TL?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    just right click the torrent on uTorrent and Click "Properties" and change the passkey to your passkey on TL. Stop the torrent and then start it again.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dafra View Post
    just right click the torrent on uTorrent and Click "Properties" and change the passkey to your passkey on TL. Stop the torrent and then start it again.
    Does this actually work? wouldn't u also need to update the tracker url?

The safest mention is to download the torrent file from the sever you want to seed to, then open the torrent in your bittorrent client and choose the destination folder as the folder containing the downloaded files; once done correctly the client will check to ensure that all the requires files are present and begin seeding to the tracker.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    its worked for me, yes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast