Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with road runner?

hey guys,

I checked again tonight the rr newserver and woooo 750 kBps........so I am wondering why to pay for a premium newsserver , when I could use my IPS newsserver ???

thanku very much

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    n18's Avatar Death God
    nice speeds, can you report back once u use it a little more to say how often u get those high speeds compared to lower ones...like on weekends/weeknights...it would be very appreciated.

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    right now , nyc 12:26 pm is 800 KB/s 20 connections... I can tell u that it ranges beetween 700-800 kB/s.... for my standards it is superfast...I love it

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
    right now , nyc 12:26 pm is 800 KB/s 20 connections... I can tell u that it ranges beetween 700-800 kB/s.... for my standards it is superfast...I love it
    Hey bro, what program did you use, I'm using Grabit and I only get 3 connections ( I switched to roadrunner, but they gave me a normal modem, and i needed wireless gonna drive down to their center in Queens and try get it replaced)

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    I have the digital cable+modem cable.
    I use alt.binz

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Alright, but the bastards @ Time Warner don't provide routers or modems with wireless unless you have them come in and install it for you for a fee, Speeds are great though, got 1mb/s on torrents, and 1mb/s when i was updating groups. Very Happy/

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    which torrent sites do u use to search/download files ??

As client I use utorrent

What do u use for search ??

thank u

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    You pay for a premium newserver for the rentention. Roadrunner has a 2 or 3 day max on the major groups. For instance, alt.binaries.dvdr - try and grab something that was posted a week ago. You can't.

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
    which torrent sites do u use to search/download files ??

As client I use utorrent

What do u use for search ??

thank u
    I use utorrent too, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is the tracker, private trackers have plentiful seeders because everyone wants a nice ratio, i got 1mb/s on a free leech torrent on bit-hdtv, but almost everything you'll find on a decent private tracker will be seeded to death basically

Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    You pay for a premium newserver for the rentention. Roadrunner has a 2 or 3 day max on the major groups. For instance, alt.binaries.dvdr - try and grab something that was posted a week ago. You can't.
    From what i noticed, retention is determined by the number of articles, like alt.binaries.boneless only has like a couple hour retention because of the sheer number of articles, the one I primarily focus on is alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 which had like a 10 day retention which is more than enough for me, so I'm rather satisfied.
    Last edited by n18; 09-03-2007 at 04:48 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Hi, how do u search files into alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 for usenet use???

What I mean to find files onalt.binaries.hdtv.x264 and download them , how do u do ??
    What program do u use?
    thank u

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast